• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does everyone thing of the Comics Corral?

76 posts in this topic

(tsk)

(shrug)

You know it was a fishing expedition, just as well as I do.

Nick,

You wound me with your accusations.

I find it very strange to have Brad as a mod and not here.Right or wrong I miss what he brought to the table.

Now would you like to share your opinion?

Dennis

It was fun for a day when I signed up, and everybody from here was over there but that has subsided and is a virtual ghost town. I do like the special designated pedigree forum, but alas Brad, Russ and I were/are the only one's who contribute anything.

Jim

(tsk)

(shrug)

You know it was a fishing expedition, just as well as I do.

Nick,

You wound me with your accusations.

I find it very strange to have Brad as a mod and not here.Right or wrong I miss what he brought to the table.

Now would you like to share your opinion?

Dennis

Oh damn. :eek:

I recently joined...it's a bit slow there as far as lively bantering - since people aren't always on it seems that threads are posted and responded to in slow motion...as if each response is sent by postal mail and then re-typed. I see most of the same people there as I do here.

I do like the games, though - the biggest draw for me.

It was fun for a day when I signed up, and everybody from here was over there but that has subsided and is a virtual ghost town. I do like the special designated pedigree forum, but alas Brad, Russ and I were/are the only one's who contribute anything.

Jim

Jim.

I really appreciate your posting in the individual Pedigree threads at the corral.

Been spending to much time at the arcade playing all the old school games.

Shin is without a doubt the master of the arcade

I have been a bit lazy but will make a point of uploading some more Pedigree scans tonight.

Russ... :hi:

Jim

Jim.

I really appreciate your posting in the individual Pedigree threads at the corral.

Been spending to much time at the arcade playing all the old school games.

Shin is without a doubt the master of the arcade

I have been a bit lazy but will make a point of uploading some more Pedigree scans tonight.

Russ... :hi:

Hey.. I posted in the pedigree thread....

Gotta admit that when I saw that you had beaten my Yeti Sports 5 - Pro Edition score not once BUT TWICE and by almost a thousand feet... I almost gave up. That's a pretty amazing score to go over 5000 like that... (worship)

It's "quaint", in a very limited fashion.

:roflmao: Awful thing to say if you know the history of this word :roflmao:

BUT, it is a change of pace from fists and whatnot ;)

Please elaborate. A quick google search didn't bring up anything other then standard definitions.

:popcorn:

It's "quaint", in a very limited fashion.

:roflmao: Awful thing to say if you know the history of this word :roflmao:

BUT, it is a change of pace from fists and whatnot ;)

Please elaborate. A quick google search didn't bring up anything other then standard definitions.

:popcorn:

" I like you home, it's quite quaint"....

Definition. "Im sorry you live in this dump"

Quaint works better as a sarcastic insult

"cunte (n.) Also conte, counte, queinte.

[Corresp. to OI kunta, OFris., MDu. & MLG kunte.]

A woman's private parts; cunte-beten, impotent (man)."

The Middle English Compendium. Ed. Frances McSparran. Feb 2006. University of Michigan.

Quaint is often used today as either old-fasioned or even cute. You would traditionally never characterize something masculine as being "quaint" and yet the word often would be associated with feminimity... which is where the word originally derived from. Chaucer and Malory are two examples of writers from the Middle Ages who used this word to mean both "old-fasioned" as well as " :censored: "

It's basically the medieval equivolant of calling someone a ... well, you get the picture.