• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-man 122

19 posts in this topic

• Two sizeable creases on the front BRC

• Multiple spine stress lines, especially around the staples

• Another crease on the front TRC? (to the right of the Code stamp)

• What appears to be two 1/8" long tears on the outer edge of the back cover

• A dent/ding on the outer edge of the back cover, a little lower down from the two tears

• Scuffing/dirt on the BC

• What appears to be a long crease on the BC, running up at 45 degree angle from the outside edge, through the first paragraph of body copy in the ad (the crease doesn't appear to extend all the way to the top edge of the book)

• Looks like a mis-cut top left (outer) corner on the back cover

• Blunted corners all around

Did I miss anything?!? hm

So given all of that, I'm going with a [font:Arial Black]6.5 [/font]

Maybe even a [font:Arial Black]6.0[/font]

• Two sizeable creases on the front BRC

• Multiple spine stress lines, especially around the staples

• Another crease on the front TRC? (to the right of the Code stamp)

• What appears to be two 1/8" long tears on the outer edge of the back cover

• A dent/ding on the outer edge of the back cover, a little lower down from the two tears

• Scuffing/dirt on the BC

• What appears to be a long crease on the BC, running up at 45 degree angle from the outside edge, through the first paragraph of body copy in the ad (the crease doesn't appear to extend all the way to the top edge of the book)

• Looks like a mis-cut top left (outer) corner on the back cover

• Blunted corners all around

Did I miss anything?!? hm

So given all of that, I'm going with a [font:Arial Black]6.5 [/font]

Maybe even a [font:Arial Black]6.0[/font]

A very good inventory, and exactly the type of work that needs to be done to arrive at an accurate grade. (thumbs u

:gossip: Although, perhaps a tad harsh :baiting:

A very good inventory, and exactly the type of work that needs to be done to arrive at an accurate grade. (thumbs u

And here I've been accusing other of being too harsh lately. :P

Guess I'm getting persnickety in my dotage. (Just the fact that I used "persnickety" and "dotage" in a sentence proves I'm past my sell-by date.)

And here I've been accusing other of being too harsh lately. :P

Guess I'm getting persnickety in my dotage. (Just the fact that I used "persnickety" and "dotage" in a sentence proves I'm past my sell-by date.)

lol Uh, join the club! lol

Hey I don't think anyone is being too harsh. I bought this knowing the back cover had most of the issues and I don't mind the fact that it looks like a didn't get a bargain but still a pretty ok deal plus and the most imporant factor I really like the book.

It is a book you wanted. You saw it and decided to buy it. Nothing wrong with that at all. Maybe next week a better condition one would come along, perhaps not. You can take it off your wanted list. Just look out for an upgrade should you want one.

Don't get me wrong TFL this is the reader filler I would still love to have the cgc 9.4/9.6 but that doesn't present itself that often at reasonal price. Who knows I may come across one tommorrow? Oh and in hand my grade thought was a 5.5/6.0 in a mylar with a backing board it displays like a 7.0 but yes I did look it over good and saw the back flaws impulse buying is fun sometimes.