• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time Capsule: Pictures from my room circa Dec. 1979

42 posts in this topic

Nice, :applause: I like the Alien toy and notebook with cut outs. And is that a Superman pillow? You make that in Home Ec :baiting:

Great photos, post more if you find any.

Nice, :applause: I like the Alien toy and notebook with cut outs. And is that a Superman pillow? You make that in Home Ec :baiting:

seemed like only the cool kids had the Alien toy in my neighborhood.

Alien was an R-rated flick and most parents didn't allow their kids to have a

toy from an R-rated movie.

That and I recall it being somewhat expensive.

:shy:

It wasn't all that expensive. You just weren't cool.

hey, I was the first kid on the block to get an Atari 2600 and Dark Tower...

game0401.jpg

who knows, maybe I was saving my money to get comicbooks at the time.

:(

[it wasn't all that expensive. You just weren't cool.

Well I bought, and still have, that Aliens Foto-Novel book, with full-size images of the alien bursting out of the chest.

That one trumps some stupid toy, easy.

Well I bought, and still have, that Aliens Foto-Novel book, with full-size images of the alien bursting out of the chest.

We knew it was better just b/c you had it JC.

We knew it was better just b/c you had it JC.

I didn't realize we were in the midst of a competition.

hey, I was the first kid on the block to get an Atari 2600 and Dark Tower...

game0401.jpg

who knows, maybe I was saving my money to get comicbooks at the time.

:(

Oh wow! I remember playing "Dark Tower" back in the day. One of my friends had one. I remember liking it but can't tell you much about it anymore.

One of my best friend's and I snuck into "Alien" in 1979. I think it was my first "R" rated movie. I'm not sure my parent's ever looked at the book or figure when they got it for me. (Or was it Santa that brought it? (thumbs u )

I will add that I took notice of Sigouney Weaver in her undies at around this time. lol

Here's a question I thought of today: Was the "Alien" doll the first R-rated movie character to become a toy? Or would the old Universal Dracula or Frankenstein have been the equivalent of "R" rated at the time?

Great pics thanks for sharing!

I still have my copy of that Farrah poster! My bedroom walls were filled with television and movies best girls at that time. Got rid of most of them over the years but I still have a small roll of posters from then around here somewhere.

I'll have to look and see what else is still there, but I know I never parted with Farrah!

:)

You were a Hardy Boys reader?

Jim

I loved the Hardy Boys. :luhv:

Also read Encyclopedia Brown, The Three Investigators (Pete, Bob and Jupiter Jones).

Not to mention all the Choose your Own Adventures books. :cloud9:

(thumbs u I still have all of my Choose Your Own Adventures books! I was just talking about the Alfred Hitchcock and The Three investigators yesterday with my wife while walking the dogs. I remember their headquarters being in an RV under a junk pile in Jupiter's father's junkyard! It's great therapy to reminesce (sp?) on this thread after reading Neal Adam's theories thread. My brain hurts! Seriously though-great time capsule pics!

:banana:Chris

You were a Hardy Boys reader?

Jim

you got to remember the Hardy Boys were big back then,They had a hit series on ABC Sunday nights, they came on right before 6 Million Dollar Man. Shaun Casidy was a teen idol who had the number 1 hit Doo Ron Ron.They even had his own action figure back then.