• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Nelson's Pedigree Books.

67 posts in this topic

I think that some measure of overall appraisal of given peds will still be useful. Yes the peds by and large vary in conditon, and PQ. But there still is a prevalent standard present in all of them... one way, or another.

Plus for guys like me for who buy blindly off the internet on a regular basis, some measure of appraisal in addition to the CGC information is always going to be welcomed.

And it further puts various pedigree's into context. Against other pedigrees, and CGC books as a whole.

So like you say, the CGC information provided is limited against certain standards, so hopefully this will do some measure to improve on things for recognised ped books.

I understand what they are trying to do and I offered to help coordinate a showing of 50s pedigrees where there would be enough copies of raw books to allow reasonable assessments. There is nothing like seeing multiple copies of the same book to allow you to tell how the color, gloss and page varies from collection to another. Unfortunately, Steve wasn't able to work out the time for the trip.

The convention season is basically over, and that gives everybody time to put the finishing touches on the book over the course of the winter so the book can be ready for the upcoming convention season. Almost there but let me be the first to say everybody will be happy with the results and it'll be worth the wait of the extra couple of months.

Jim

The convention season is basically over, and that gives everybody time to put the finishing touches on the book over the course of the winter so the book can be ready for the upcoming convention season. Almost there but let me be the first to say everybody will be happy with the results and it'll be worth the wait of the extra couple of months.

Jim

I concur. (thumbs u

Jim

I concur. (thumbs u

I disagree :baiting:

Jim

I concur. (thumbs u

Figures. :sumo:

:applause::applause: (thumbs u (thumbs u

Thanks very much, sounds like thats a firm date for everyone to put in their diaries.

I think you've built up your expectations of the book way too high, and I think you've also overly built up your expectations of the team producing the book to meet any stated deadlines.

:applause::applause: (thumbs u (thumbs u

Thanks very much, sounds like thats a firm date for everyone to put in their diaries.

I think you've built up your expectations of the book way too high, and I think you've also overly built up your expectations of the team producing the book to meet any stated deadlines.

I have seen parts of it and it is very nice.

Jim

I concur. (thumbs u

So, so what? I'm still a rock star. I got my rock moves and you're a tool. So, so what?