• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Nelson's Pedigree Books.

67 posts in this topic

The convention season is basically over, and that gives everybody time to put the finishing touches on the book over the course of the winter so the book can be ready for the upcoming convention season. Almost there but let me be the first to say everybody will be happy with the results and it'll be worth the wait of the extra couple of months.

Jim

I concur. (thumbs u

I disagree :baiting:

So, so what? I'm still a rock star. I got my rock moves and you're a tool. So, so what?

Doc: You sure know how to make me laugh. :roflmao:

Jim

:applause::applause: (thumbs u (thumbs u

Thanks very much, sounds like thats a firm date for everyone to put in their diaries.

I think you've built up your expectations of the book way too high, and I think you've also overly built up your expectations of the team producing the book to meet any stated deadlines.

This weekend at Ohio, Stephen showed off the first 100 pages to myself and fellow boardies and everybody seemed very impressed. As for the deadlines, I can only pass on what Stephen and Matt have implied to me. Yes it has been pushed backed way too many times, and they both know that. The main priority is to put out the best, most comprehensive and most up to date book they possibly can and to do so takes time.

Jim

The convention season is basically over, and that gives everybody time to put the finishing touches on the book over the course of the winter so the book can be ready for the upcoming convention season. Almost there but let me be the first to say everybody will be happy with the results and it'll be worth the wait of the extra couple of months.

Jim

I concur. (thumbs u

So, so what? I'm still a rock star. I got my rock moves and you're a tool. So, so what?

Doc: You sure know how to make me laugh. :roflmao:

Jim

That makes me smile. :foryou:

Thanks very much, sounds like thats a firm date for everyone to put in their diaries.

I think you've built up your expectations of the book way too high, and I think you've also overly built up your expectations of the team producing the book to meet any stated deadlines.

I have seen parts of it and it is very nice.

From what I've seen, I think it's going to be a decent product too. But some people seem to be building it up to be some definitive answer to every question they ever had about any pedigree, and it most definitely is not going to be that. I think Jack said he'd like to see the inventory list for what's in each pedigree, and I highly doubt that kind of info will be in the book.

From what I've seen, I think it's going to be a decent product too. But some people seem to be building it up to be some definitive answer to every question they ever had about any pedigree, and it most definitely is not going to be that. I think Jack said he'd like to see the inventory list for what's in each pedigree, and I highly doubt that kind of info will be in the book.

Tim, at this point the books will represent the first such endeavour to put information on pedigree comics out into the general public arena.

So while it's almost guaranteed to have it's nay-sayer's, and those who expected one thing, and got another. It will be broardening understanding, and appreciation of pedigree books as researched by Matt, & Steve. So it's main goal will be acheived.

But as for being all-singing, all-dancing, I'm for one certainly not expecting that, but also very much looking forward to it, as it'll have a wealth of information that will be first time reading for me.

Jim

I concur. (thumbs u

spinaltap1.jpg

Jim

I concur. (thumbs u

spinaltap1.jpg

Where are the groupies? :sumo:

If the inventory list is still availble for each individuall pedigree, in most cases that info WILL be included.

Jim

Jim

I concur. (thumbs u

spinaltap1.jpg

Where are the groupies? :sumo:

They only hang out in Comics General. :gossip:

Jim

I concur. (thumbs u

spinaltap1.jpg

Nice pants Beeyatch!!

:roflmao:

If the inventory list is still availble for each individuall pedigree, in most cases that info WILL be included.

Jim

(thumbs u That alone would be worth the purchase price.

TTH has a great point Brass...let us get the golden age book out first and then we'll worry about the silver age :)

In time for the the Baltimore Con is the current goal but it will see print in 2008 no matter what.

Jim

2009 hath cometh

2008 hath goneth :sorry:

TTH has a great point Brass...let us get the golden age book out first and then we'll worry about the silver age :)

In time for the the Baltimore Con is the current goal but it will see print in 2008 no matter what.

Jim

2009 hath cometh

Good thing for you I`m not a told-you-so. :baiting:

Jim

2009 hath cometh

Good thing for you I`m not a told-you-so. :baiting:

They're making quick revisions to ensure they identify which pedigree books I had signed.