• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone see that Andru Spiderman page?

15 posts in this topic

Maybe I dont have a firm grasp on prices....but this page just sold for $525...does that seem like a good deal to anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170223667158&ssPageName=h:h:alt:3&_trksid=m37

No Spider-man, page not in the best of conditions and Ross Andru isn't the most popular artists on ASM...

Maybe I dont have a firm grasp on prices....but this page just sold for $525...does that seem like a good deal to anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170223667158&ssPageName=h:h:alt:3&_trksid=m37

The only thing good about this page is that it is from ASM.

Nothing about the page other than the title is attractive.

If this were from one of the Marvel horror titles with the same images you'd be looking at a $50-75 page.

I personally would not want it at all...so $525 doesn't seem good to me.

C

It seems high to me, too. But who knows what motivated the buyer? And you've gotta remember, somebody was bidding just one notch less than him or the price wouldn't have ticked over $500.

Assuming the auction is on the level (no shills), you have to assume that the buyer was driven to dig into his wallet for nostalgic reasons. It was, maybe, his first Spidey story or a storyline that really moved him.

I know that I've overpaid for pieces that really rocked me. I also know that I've overpaid for pieces when auction-fever grabbed me. It would be interesting to know what drove this bidding.

It seems high to me, too. But who knows what motivated the buyer? And you've gotta remember, somebody was bidding just one notch less than him or the price wouldn't have ticked over $500.

Assuming the auction is on the level (no shills), you have to assume that the buyer was driven to dig into his wallet for nostalgic reasons. It was, maybe, his first Spidey story or a storyline that really moved him.

I know that I've overpaid for pieces that really rocked me. I also know that I've overpaid for pieces when auction-fever grabbed me. It would be interesting to know what drove this bidding.

I'm guessing the price was based on it being the best 70's ASM page they could buy for $500.00 Not sure how many other pages are on the market but there are many collectors who only buy on eBay.

Given what an Andru page from this issue with Spidey on it would sell for, I think that the price realized for this page is fairly reasonable, especially considering our resident Spidey-fan, Mike Burkey didn't even place a bid on it. Makes the pages I have for sale a comparative bargain: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=2881

Given what an Andru page from this issue with Spidey on it would sell for, I think that the price realized for this page is fairly reasonable, especially considering our resident Spidey-fan, Mike Burkey didn't even place a bid on it. Makes the pages I have for sale a comparative bargain: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=2881

Found a way to sneak that in didn't ya? cheer.gif

I'm guessing the price was based on it being the best 70's ASM page they could buy for $500.00 Not sure how many other pages are on the market but there are many collectors who only buy on eBay.

IMHO, it went a little high, though not crazy. The buyer has purchased several other Andru pieces over the last few years. He bought a much better page from ASM 163 with several Spider-Man panels for $700 dollars a few years back.

Funny thing, this is one of the few auctions that I actually know the seller.

You always seem to have a number of nice pages up for sale on Ebay. I've been close to bidding many times.