• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay Sellers: Problems regarding shipping outside the US

100 posts in this topic

Possible morals:

2)Selling anything to countries outside the USA is nothing but trouble.

I agree (thumbs u

Asia's crowded and Europe's too old

Africa is far too hot

And Canada's too cold

And South America stole our name

Let's drop the big one

There'll be no one left to blame us

We'll save Australia

Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo

We'll build an All American amusement park there

They got surfin', too

Xenophobe

It's not me, it's the foreigners

doh! One guy inappropriately attacking a foreigner for poor English, and butchering the language in the process. lol

read the thread again. My point was you don't argue someone is "stupid" using grammar and rhetoric worthy of the 3 Stooges, regardless of where you're from.

And typos are not "butchering the language."

haha, he's coming back. yes you do argue someone is "stupid" even if it's in a foreign language, becaus stupidity has nothing to do with the language. i can speak and write in another language, you can't. so who is the stupid one?

Tu es bete, sans doute.

If you're going to attack board members here, question their logic, and call them stupid, don't do it in a manner that makes you look stupid. And not many people are falling for your pity "poor me being attacked by the Ugly American" plea. A bad argument can be engaged on here with civility, but if you resort to calling someone's points stupid, and do it in a comical manner as you did, get ready for some mess.

BTW, I don't speak any Teutonic language, but I would be damn sure I spoke and wrote German well before I'd go on a Austrian chat board and stir up mess and call people stupid.

haha, you are so funny. i never questioned anybodys logic and never called anybody stupid. you did, not me. so stick to the truth you liar. and i don't feel attacked by other board members. you are the only insufficiently_thoughtful_person who really attacked me.

hm, i think my english is good enough for everbody to understand me. at least it's good enough for you or you wouldn't write back everytime you neanderthal. you are just jealous that you cannot speak any other language. what a pity. ooooooh.

doh! One guy inappropriately attacking a foreigner for poor English, and butchering the language in the process. lol

read the thread again. My point was you don't argue someone is "stupid" using grammar and rhetoric worthy of the 3 Stooges, regardless of where you're from.

haha, he's coming back. yes you do argue someone is "stupid" even if it's in a foreign language, becaus stupidity has nothing to do with the language. i can speak and write in another language, you can't. so who is the stupid one?

Tu es bete, sans doute.

If you're going to attack board members here, question their logic, and call them stupid, don't do it in a manner that makes you look stupid. And not many people are falling for your pity "poor me being attacked by the Ugly American" plea. A bad argument can be engaged on here with civility, but if you resort to calling someone's points stupid, and do it in a comical manner as you did, get ready for some mess.

BTW, I don't speak any Teutonic language, but I would be damn sure I spoke and wrote German well before I'd go on a Austrian chat board and stir up mess and call people stupid.

haha, you are so funny. i never questioned anybodys logic and never called anybody stupid. you did, not me. so stick to the truth you liar. and i don't feel attacked by other board members. you are the only insufficiently_thoughtful_person who really attacked me.

hm, i think my english is good enough for everbody to understand me. at least it's good enough for you or you wouldn't write back everytime you neanderthal. you are just jealous that you cannot speak any other language. what a pity. ooooooh.

OK, with each post you've convinced me that not only are you a bilingual god, but as I originally implied, a master of rhetoric. I'm going to quit now before I'm crushed by more of your rapier wit, the inevitable "Yo Mama" retort, etc.

Can't believe I got sucked into this Krazy thread.

Tu es bete, sans doute.

OK, with each post you've convinced me that not only are you a bilingual god, but as I originally implied, a master of rhetoric. I'm going to quit now before I'm crushed by more of your rapier wit, the inevitable "Yo Mama" retort, etc.

Can't believe I got sucked into this Krazy thread.

thank god you sissy. you language genius.

When I see threads like this, I really wonder what the point is by the original poster, or who BlackLantern is the shill for.

If your objective of this thread is to get cooperation in shipping goods to you, you've miserably failed. I would be willing to wager that several here would have previously given you a chance, but not now.

When I see threads like this, I really wonder what the point is by the original poster, or who BlackLantern is the shill for.

If your objective of this thread is to get cooperation in shipping goods to you, you've miserably failed. I would be willing to wager that several here would have previously given you a chance, but not now.

if you read this thread carefully you will see, that i didn't do anybody harm and that we discussed an interesting topic. until whomerjay came along and started a fight with me. my point was an answer to my question, which i got in the end. everything else with whomerjay was something i didn't ask for.

let's see if everybody doesn't want to ship me goods when they reliable get my money. you can check my ebay feedback if you like. this thread has nothing to do with me not beeing reliable.

With the 5 or so pages I didn't feel like reading...

If party A felt it was ok/proper to cheat party B,

then why would party C want anything to do with party A?

if you read this thread carefully you will see, that i didn't do anybody harm and that we discussed an interesting topic. until whomerjay came along and started a fight with me. my point was an answer to my question, which i got in the end. everything else with whomerjay was something i didn't ask for.

let's see if everybody doesn't want to ship me goods when they reliable get my money. you can check my ebay feedback if you like. this thread has nothing to do with me not beeing reliable.

Read my comments again. I made no comments about your reliability. However, you intimated that we are all insufficiently_thoughtful_persons for not wanting to lie to our government and/or your government, to allow you to cheat the system in your country. Some folks do value honesty and integrity over the bottom line. Reliability is only one element of many, which some would measure a successful transaction.

Read my comments again. I made no comments about your reliability. However, you intimated that we are all insufficiently_thoughtful_persons for not wanting to lie to our government and/or your government, to allow you to cheat the system in your country. Some folks do value honesty and integrity over the bottom line. Reliability is only one element of many, which some would measure a successful transaction.

come on, not again the cheating question. after a long discussion it came out, that the problem for the few people who don't want to do this (there are many who do it anyway), ist not the cheating but the insurance factor. and that is something i can understand better than the answer "i don't want to lie". and i never said you are all insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, pls read again and don't say something which is not true (honesty?). i only wanted a more meaningful answer so that in the future, i doesn't always have to wonder why that is such a big problem.

come on, not again the cheating question. after a long discussion it cam out, that the problem for the few people who don't want to do this (there are many who do it anyway), ist not the cheating but the insurance factor. and that is something i can understand better than the answer "i don't want to lie". and i never said you are all insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, pls read again and don't say something which is not true (honesty?). i only wanted a more meaningful answer so that in the future, i doesn't always have to wonder why that is such a big problem.

Dieses Gewinde bildet meine HauptSchmerzen

yes, maybe a webmaster can delete the thread complete because it took a direction, i never intended. i'm a fanboy like everbody else here. collecting comics is a big part of my life and talking with other people about the hobby and haveing fun is the reason i came to this board. this is not what i came for, so i will try to avoid such threads in the future and concentrate on posting more nice comics and stuff like that, which i already did.

yes, maybe a webmaster can delete the thread complete because it took a direction, i never intended. i'm a fanboy like everbody else here. collecting comics is a big part of my life and talking with other people about the hobby and haveing fun is the reason i came to this board. this is not what i came for, so i will try to avoid such threads in the future and concentrate on posting more nice comics and stuff like that, which i already did.

Nothing wrong with asking a question or even This question.

But if you ask a question, then be prepared for answers...some of which you may

not like.

It appears that you can understand the answer from a money viewpoint...insurance,

But not from a moral viewpoint...honesty. This is not to say that you are not an honest person,

but for most folks being up front and transparent is THE #1 issue in

dealing with the selling of collectables. Without trust between parties, then there would most likely be no transaction.

not like.

It appears that you can understand the answer from a money viewpoint...insurance,

But not from a moral viewpoint...honesty. This is not to say that you are not an honest person,

dealing with the selling of collectables. Without trust between parties, then there would most likely be no transaction.

^^

not like.

oh i was prepared for some answers, but not of being accused as a nazi from whomerjay only becaus i'm from austria. that was too much if you ask me.

i also understand the moral viewpoint... but it has nothing to do with the trust between parties, because the sellers get's the money and i get the book. there is nothing more here to say. what i do with my taxes is my problem. that's what many hadn't understood and that's what i wanted to discuss a little bit. but everything i have to say was already said. so i would only reapeat myself now with every answer.

not like.

oh i was prepared for some answers, but not of being accused as a nazi from whomerjay only becaus i'm from austria. that was too much if you ask me.

i also understand the moral viewpoint... but it has nothing to do with the trust between parties, because the sellers get's the money and i get the book. there is nothing more here to say. what i do with my taxes is my problem. that's what many hadn't understood and that's what i wanted to discuss a little bit. but everything i have to say was already said. so i would only reapeat myself now with every answer.

giveadamm.gif

If we get back to the first post what is being asked is fraudulent so thus who are we to ask a seller to put his neck on the line. If a seller does it then that is a bonus for the buyer but I don't think it is ever appropriate to turn to a seller and ask them to do it since by doing so you are now included in that fraud. Also note that even in the end a buyer that receives a package in which the forms have information that is not correct to mislead customs aka the government is even questionable.

I just take it as a big bonus if they do and if not then hey that how it is and not worth getting angered or upset over.