• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Mods, Can We Get Redhook Reinstated?

354 posts in this topic

Harry,

The problem is that when you hold yourself up to this ultimately higher standard of ethics that Brad always trumpeted he represented, you can't go and engage in the very activity you want to prevent, whether it's to catch a "criminal" or to "right a wrong".

Two wrongs do not make a right.

But three right do make a left. (thumbs u

Great minds, Brian - I was going to post the exact same thing!

Now you guys tell me (those of you that have met him)...is this a joke? Cause if it is then it's pretty funny.

Question: If he's actually holding them hostage, how could it be a joke?

Sorry if you don't see the humor in both situations. One is truly funny....the other is sadly funny. Kind of like when you post.

:baiting:

R.

Now you guys tell me (those of you that have met him)...is this a joke? Cause if it is then it's pretty funny.

Question: If he's actually holding them hostage, how could it be a joke?

Sorry if you don't see the humor in both situations. One is truly funny....the other is sadly funny. Kind of like when you post.

Huh? Are you thinking straight today?

If Red is actually holding the books hostage, why does his mental state determine wrong-doing? It's still the same crime, and I don't think you could kidnap someone or steal their goods, then say "hahaha, it was all a joke!" and get off scot free.

Get it? If you are actually holding the books hostage, it's NOT A JOKE. :makepoint:

Unless it was in his character to pull something funny like that before this all happened...which is why I asked the question to those that met him.

In either case I think it's funny...in a passive/agressive kind of way.

lol

I can't shake the image of Brad opening the door of a darkened closet, gazing down at Cap 'n' Mandi cringing in a shadowy corner, and laughing maniacally as he slams the door shut.

In either case I think it's funny...in a passive/agressive kind of way. lol

Cool, now send me some money and I'll hold some books hostage for you, and you can laugh all day and night. Send more money = more laughs!!

Hook's posts were very enjoyable over the years but I never really bothered to read into all the specifics of what eventually got him banned but on the surface it sounds kind of weird. I still can't believe that a) the moderators allow Bluechip to hang around and b) he actually has the gall to continue posting. :screwy:

Harry,

The problem is that when you hold yourself up to this ultimately higher standard of ethics that Brad always trumpeted he represented, you can't go and engage in the very activity you want to prevent, whether it's to catch a "criminal" or to "right a wrong".

Yeah , I guess it's like if I went and hired every prostitute in town and spent my hour w/ her in a hotel room , and then afterwards called the police to report her , b/c I was a Guardian Angel running my sting !! :/meh ....BH

In either case I think it's funny...in a passive/agressive kind of way. lol

Cool, now send me some money and I'll hold some books hostage for you, and you can laugh all day and night. Send more money = more laughs!!

Cap N Mandi weren't about the money...it was about the idea...he's holding the idea hostage....don't you get it? It's a useless 9.0 Kamandi slab and a piece of cardboard with writing on it.

lol

What's your motivation?

He's a young girl on the edge of womanhood, all the wonder of childhood and excitement of adulthood stirring inside her, set against the backdrop of war torn World War 2 Hungary, annnnnnnnnd GO!!! :cry:

big-dossy.jpg

:roflmao:

Cap N Mandi weren't about the money...it was about the idea...he's holding the idea hostage....

Then tell him to send the books and cardboard back, and he can keep the idea.

And BTW, the legal owner of the books doesn't think it's too funny, and that's the only opinion that counts. :makepoint:

Cap N Mandi weren't about the money...it was about the idea...he's holding the idea hostage....

lol

And BTW, the legal owner of the books doesn't think it's too funny, and that's the only opinion that counts. :makepoint:

:roflmao:

Now that's funny!

Ze wants the stuff back so he can resend them to other people. It was fun...I had them for a while, Nik wants to take them to Greece...just good fun. I don't think Ze is hard up for the stuff...it's just the principle that Brad would do that.

Damn that is really funny.

Harry,

Yeah , I guess it's like if I went and hired every prostitute in town and spent my hour w/ her in a hotel room , and then afterwards called the police to report her , b/c I was a Guardian Angel running my sting !! :/meh ....BH

hm

Harry,

hm

Not a bad idea , huh ?................. :/:/...........................BH

I think that STING might be the appropriate term for that little operation.

I can't shake the image of Brad opening the door of a darkened closet, gazing down at Cap 'n' Mandi cringing in a shadowy corner, and laughing maniacally as he slams the door shut.

...or taking a knife into the closet and just scraping a little off the slab and the cardboard each time...saying "It rubs the lotion on it's skin and then it places the lotion in the basket!!"