• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Mods, Can We Get Redhook Reinstated?

354 posts in this topic

Lets be honest.

Its not what he did that bothered forumites but whom he chose to help him, nothing more than that. If it was anyone else, most likely it would have been a none issue.

There's a kernal of truth there . . . :)

I am the one who pointed out who Brad was working with on his scam. If it hadn't been for me, I honestly don't think anyone would have known who he was working with, except for a few of you. I never overreacted or condemned Brad for who he worked with at all. In fact I didn't really care. I just noticed it by chance, as I rarely read Goonchild's posts. It does make me wonder though if he had worked with someone else on planning this, would most people here be angry with him. I didn't vote and I don't plan to. But it does make me wonder about the length he went to in order to try and scam someone. Let's say he comes back and someone "wrongs" him again. Who's to say he won't try this again?

I'm under the impression that this "hostage" thing is a new spin on things.

I know Brad has had the 2 slabs in his possession for months before his banning from the boards and then refused to send them on to another forumite (which was the purpose of the whole Cap & Mandi jig) or to return them to Kenny even after Kenny PMed and mailed him several times. Kenny even offered to cover full shipping, but Brad ignored Kenny and just held on to the books, maybe as a way to spite Kenny.

Then Brad got banned, Kenny let him cool off for a while and then tried again to get the books back...then the "I'll return them after I'm allowed back on the boards for 6 months"

I think this is one of the saddest threads I have seen in all my time here, I considered Brad a friend way back in the day when he came to the boards as our resident photoshopper and slowly but surely I saw him turn on Kenny more and more to the point of almost outright hatred. And all because he couldn't accept Kenny's stance on pressing and Kenny's friendship with Matt Nelson.

I really feel for Ze-man, it must be very hard to have someone you consider a friend, who's stayed in your house and who you've had hour long conversations with start disliking you to the point of hate. And all because of a stance, an idea or an opinion...

I for one wouldn't want to go back to a chatboard that banned me and where a large segment of the users, a lot that go way back, didn't want me around anymore.

Yeah , I guess it's like if I went and hired every prostitute in town and spent my hour w/ her in a hotel room , and then afterwards called the police to report her , b/c I was a Guardian Angel running my sting !! :/meh ....BH

I think that STING might be the appropriate term for that little operation.

Nah ! , I always slab 1st !.............. :whistle:........................BH

I really feel for Ze-man, it must be very hard to have someone you consider a friend, who's stayed in your house and who you've had hour long conversations with start disliking you to the point of hate. And all because of a stance, an idea or an opinion...

Chrom,

I have had this happen and it is one of the sickest feelings you can have.

Kenny, sorry about all of this. No good deed truly goes unpunished if something fun and light like Cap n' Mandi can go awry. :sorry:

Another well written post. What is it with your Europeans...you are on the ball.

^^

Cheating our government out of well-deserved taxes by having people send packages as "Gift" with a low value keeps us sharp :sumo:

So the whole Cap&Mandi are someones slabs that he wont give back..

So it reads like this now.. (correct me if I am wrong)

Shill, Thief, and General Jakass.. And sorry to the guy who was supposed to be his friend and is now a scumbag. Dude, I have been there . Cut your losses, and be happy with the friends you still have that think much higher of you than this

Cap and Mandi was started as an ongoing joke and evolved into a neat exercise that untied the boards.

It was a slab of a CGC 9.0 Kamandi comic and a cardboard box with a picture of Captain America on it.

They were set to travel around the world to pass through different forumite's hands kind of like the travelling garden gnome thing. Each forumite that had them took pictures and wrote a story...the box evolved into just a piece of cardboard but each foster parent to Cap and Mandi added something to the piece of cardboard....a drawing...an inscription to commemorate their stay...wherever they were...also gifts were added...cool stuff...so that each new care giver could enjoy the previous person's take on the hobby.........any how it was really cool..they've been in the middle east, Alaska, my end of town, in helicopters, ice cream stores and planes...all over the world.

Now they are lost.

R.

:cry:

Another well written post. What is it with your Europeans...you are on the ball.

^^

Cheating our government out of well-deserved taxes by having people send packages as "Gift" with a low value keeps us sharp :sumo:

stop that;) :makepoint:

BTW, I have met, and really like Stu...not sure why he wasn mentioned on this thread, but he was on the Ebay chatboard for years...really nice, bright guy...a little too quick to speak his mind sometimes;) but aren't we all.

I think he was banned before I posted here very much...he was actually the first person to tell me about these boards, he really found them interesting ...I was never quite sure WHY he was banned...but that wasn't something that happened when I was actively here.

So, if you haven't met Stu, lol...he's a good person...I know he and Cal always got into it, but that was schoolyard stuff for both of them. I know Cal always vowed to get rid of him...so, who knows....if you can't argue with Cal, what fun is life, anyway;) ? I'd like to see Stu back...he knows an awful lot about EC's, and he is absolutely passionate about the hobby...he has a lot to contribute.

Kenny, I'm sorry you are going through that stuff...I'm sure your feelings were hurt, and I can't say I blame you. I did vote yes, btw, because I always think people can grow up...so, unless they actually murdered someone;) it's a chatboard...but I might have abstained after reading your notes.

Cap and Mandi was started as an ongoing joke and evolved into a neat exercise that untied the boards.

It was a slab of a CGC 9.0 Kamandi comic and a cardboard box with a picture of Captain America on it.

They were set to travel around the world to pass through different forumite's hands kind of like the travelling garden gnome thing. Each forumite that had them took pictures and wrote a story...the box evolved into just a piece of cardboard but each foster parent to Cap and Mandi added something to the piece of cardboard....a drawing...an inscription to commemorate their stay...wherever they were...also gifts were added...cool stuff...so that each new care giver could enjoy the previous person's take on the hobby.........any how it was really cool..they've been in the middle east, Alaska, my end of town, in helicopters, ice cream stores and planes...all over the world.

Now they are lost.

R.

:cry:

Are you kidding me !!! Thats AWESOME ! I wish I had a chance for this...

Lots of the pictures are now gone...but these threadsd should give you an idea...

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 5

Thread 6

Thread 7 in Iraq

Thread 8

Thread 9

My time with them

You get the idea.

Harry,

The problem is that when you hold yourself up to this ultimately higher standard of ethics that Brad always trumpeted he represented, you can't go and engage in the very activity you want to prevent, whether it's to catch a "criminal" or to "right a wrong".

Two wrongs do not make a right.

But three right do make a left. (thumbs u

Great minds, Brian - I was going to post the exact same thing!

Yeah , I guess it's like if I went and hired every prostitute in town and spent my hour w/ her in a hotel room , and then afterwards called the police to report her , b/c I was a Guardian Angel running my sting !! :/meh ....BH

hm

Not a bad idea , huh ?................. :/:/...........................BH

Two words: Bernie Ward. (tsk)

Who gives a rip about Cap N Mandi? :screwy: That's about the stoopidest string of posts I ever wasted time reading. So. Not. Funny. meh

thanks divad (worship) for saving me the time waste... i was just about to read em...

Who gives a rip about Cap N Mandi? :screwy: That's about the stoopidest string of posts I ever wasted time reading. So. Not. Funny. meh

thanks divad (worship) for saving me the time waste... i was just about to read em...

You should decide things for yourself...a lot of people liked 'em.

R.