• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,450 posts in this topic

Finally, all of the Thorn strips have been reprinted in a signed edition and the book is available at OSU for $25.

Only 500 were printed though so you might want to order soon.

beforebone.jpg

I priority-mailed my check yesterday. One of them sold on ebay last week for $250+. The site where you order them doesn't say "SOLD OUT" yet so they're probably still available. :wishluck:

In regards to it having "all of the Thorn strips" reprinted, unfortunately, this isn't the case. The book contains 64 strips that constitute the highlights of his three year run at the OSU newspaper (I'm guessing there's at least three times as many in all). I suppose they're leaving the door open for another book.

Umm, yeeaaah, I'm the insufficiently_thoughtful_person that won that auction for 256.99. It was one of those things where I tuned in and caught it and layed down a bid before even researching that they were still available somewhere else. There was around ten bidders and I jumped in. This is what happens when my wife doesn't supervise my Ebay activities. She would have told me, "Stop, take a deep breath, and check around..."

I actually just read my first Bone comic early today. It was issue #4 from Image and although I thought the artwork was great, I have never been one for anthropomorphic animals (just what the heck are the Bone cousins supposed to be, anyway?) and Bone was no exception. Same thing goes for Cho's Liberty Meadows. Wonderful artwork, the talking animals simply do not work for me.

Which is odd, considering all the other fantastic elements that go into comic books that I do read and enjoy.

what are the bone cousins supposed to be?

the bone cousins are bones from boneville! they look pretty realistic to me ;)

So they are not supposed to be a specific animal?

plus...you have to start at #1

#4 was all I had and I figured I would give it a shot and if I liked what I read, I would go back and get the earlier issues.

i think they are just supposed to be 'bones' ;)

did you like #4? if so, you can score the TPBs and even later printings for CHEAP on ebay :)

did you like #4? if so, you can score the TPBs and even later printings for CHEAP on ebay :)

Except for Crown of Horns, though they may get cheaper when the color version is released. I only have readers of #50-55 at the moment and I'm not a fan of the phonebook (pages are too small for me).

it took me a few seconds to realize what you meant by phonebook...

then I looked down in my hands at the one volume edition :D

yeah, the pages are small...but when i wanna go on a Bone reading binge (like today), I don't have to mess with 20 bags/boards and tape!!

so YOU'RE the one who outbid me!! you butt-hole!!

those were up about 4-6 weeks ago, yeah?

Yeah, that was me. :foryou:

Here are the other three I picked up:

bone19cgc960148221020.jpg

bone21cgc960148365002.jpg

bone40cgc980148374019.jpg

:mad:

i really wanted that 9.6 #19

I think I'll have a couple 19s in my big submission that'll be going out in mid to late July. You're first on the list if I score another copy... :foryou: :foryou:

Finally, all of the Thorn strips have been reprinted in a signed edition and the book is available at OSU for $25.

Only 500 were printed though so you might want to order soon.

Today, for the first time, the OSU site has this book listed as sold out. Hopefully, everyone who saw this last week got their checks or money orders through on time (including mine)... :wishluck: