• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,461 posts in this topic

Actually, Michael, Jeff himself was VERY impressed with your Bone #1. (I kept my mouth SHUT and smiled, because all I saw were the spine stresses.) :) He even showed the artist signing next to him the Bone #1, saying how nice of a copy it was. I think that's why he added the little head sketch. I got him near the beginning of a signing, about the 4th or 5th person in line if I remember right, and he was a little late to get started, which is why he might have signed the rest in a rushed format.

Chris, your books are being sent out to you so you can compare the signatures. They should be similar since they were signed at the same signing. I started my stack with Michael's Bone #1 to get Jeff in a good mood, and it worked. :) I blew past the signing limit at that event and got lucky to get the amount of books I got signed.

Joel

Thanks Joel!

I've never seen him loop the "t" in Smith. Might have been the rush.

Haven't posted anything in a while so I thought I'd show a couple more from the top ten. Of the first ten issues, they're probably my least favorite covers but I like 'em anyway :/ . The #6 is tied for the highest graded and the #7 is all alone at the top.

I own a reader of the first print of #6 and there's no Jim Valentino pin-up to speak of. Can anyone else check there's to see if it exists?

bone06cgc940148221006.jpg

bone07cgc980767614002.jpg

Hi. I just wanted to share this Bone # 1 that I recently got back from CGC. I bought this at BIN for $200 about three months ago in EBAY, with a very unclear pic provided in the listing, but with the seller describing the comic book as very fine. I took a chance coz I badly wanted to have a first print copy of the first issue. I also took a chance of having it graded coz I didn't find anything wrong with the comic condition-wise when I got it. Lo and behold, it got a grade of 9.2 when I got it back. I can't thank that seller enough for the bargain.

Picture087.jpg

Also, I wanted to share my most priced "Bone" item (not necessarily a comic book, bot comics-related nonetheless). It's the Bone "Spirit of Adventure" limited print (# 51 of 100), signed by Jeff Smith and comes with a certificate of authenticity from Cartoon Books. I'm going to have this art piece framed and displayed as it truly deserves to be displayed.

Picture088.jpg

Picture089.jpg

I remember seeing that print advertised in the back of early issues. Looks very nice!

And congrats on the 9.2! :applause: I'd probably let the seller live in ignorance on this score...for his own good anyway.

Hi. I just wanted to share this Bone # 1 that I recently got back from CGC. I bought this at BIN for $200 about three months ago in EBAY, with a very unclear pic provided in the listing, but with the seller describing the comic book as very fine. I took a chance coz I badly wanted to have a first print copy of the first issue. I also took a chance of having it graded coz I didn't find anything wrong with the comic condition-wise when I got it. Lo and behold, it got a grade of 9.2 when I got it back. I can't thank that seller enough for the bargain.

Picture087.jpg

so jealous of that price...

Congrats on the awesome #1 and the sweeeeeeeeet sketch (thumbs u

Picture087.jpg

Nice snag! congrats! :applause: