• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
12 12

1,511 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2024 at 7:53 AM, gadzukes said:

Excited to finally get this out of the GLOD slab and into a Yellow.

74187675680__99DCC9C1-9FAE-4C81-A4AE-51BE610BBF8A.jpeg

Nice! Looks like we are nearly twins! (I’m the owner of the only 9.8 signature series of #2.)

I need to get a bunch of my green labels converted to this new authenticated signature too. Looks great.

On 7/20/2024 at 1:58 PM, Aaroncash said:

Who else is going to SDCC this year? Any interest to meet up for a bit and say hello?

That’s a great idea and I hope you find some Bone fans to meet up with. Jeff said he’ll be returning to SDCC in 2025 (in the YouTube interview you posted) so hopefully that happens as well :wishluck:

Posted (edited)

I may be going to Jeff Smith’s only con appearance this season: Bedrock City Con on October 5-6. Was gonna go last year and then…well…you know lol Jeff appears to have made a full recovery so I think we can laugh about it now :)

Anyone else thinking of attending?

Edited by DocGo
Grammar

Got this a couple weeks ago on eBay. I may have paid too much but it’s one of the few 9.8 SS books I need to complete my goal in the registry set (so WTH :)). I actually sent in a slabbed 9.8 to last year’s SDCC but…I didn’t look close enough at the book itself. Came back a 9.4. This was definitely not the fault of the facilitator as the original graders made the error and I compounded it by missing the CB crease twice :facepalm:.

Anyway, I’m happy to finally take this book off my list. It was signed at the 2014 Heroes Con where I also had a bunch of books done. Fits in nicely. Nine more Signature Series books to go…

2024-07-27-15-22-6-01.thumb.jpeg.7ad1c7ff7145727e5786ac2dbe8fcb3e.jpeg

On 8/1/2024 at 10:22 AM, DocGo said:

Got this a couple weeks ago on eBay. I may have paid too much but it’s one of the few 9.8 SS books I need to complete my goal in the registry set (so WTH :)). I actually sent in a slabbed 9.8 to last year’s SDCC but…I didn’t look close enough at the book itself. Came back a 9.4. This was definitely not the fault of the facilitator as the original graders made the error and I compounded it by missing the CB crease twice :facepalm:.

Anyway, I’m happy to finally take this book off my list. It was signed at the 2014 Heroes Con where I also had a bunch of books done. Fits in nicely. Nine more Signature Series books to go…

2024-07-27-15-22-6-01.thumb.jpeg.7ad1c7ff7145727e5786ac2dbe8fcb3e.jpeg

Nice work as always!

A pretty good looking Thorn Tales from the Lantern is up for bid in ComicLink’s Summer Featured Auction. They say it’s an 8.0 VF, which seems fair to me given the wear on the top and bottom of the spine and the general wear on the edges of the front and back cover. IMHO, it looks better overall than the VF copy on Heritage last December.

What do you guys think?

On 8/16/2024 at 3:58 PM, DocGo said:

A pretty good looking Thorn Tales from the Lantern is up for bid in ComicLink’s Summer Featured Auction. They say it’s an 8.0 VF, which seems fair to me given the wear on the top and bottom of the spine and the general wear on the edges of the front and back cover. IMHO, it looks better overall than the VF copy on Heritage last December.

What do you guys think?

Went for $5,677