• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,461 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2024 at 10:15 AM, Joethelocator said:

Does anyone know when the next Jeff Smith Signature Series will be taking place?

After his cardiac arrest last year, it’s unknown whether or not he’ll do shows anymore.

On 3/10/2024 at 10:41 AM, Joethelocator said:

Did Cartoon Books ever print Bone #27?  If so, can anyone share a picture of what the cover looks like?   

Or was it only ever printed by Image?

Image #27 is the only version.

On 3/10/2024 at 5:00 PM, Joethelocator said:

That's unfortunate.  I hope he gets better.

I’m with you there. He has gone to just about every SDCC since the beginning of Bone so I’ll be following the creator guest announcements. Will definitely post anything of interest here.

On 3/28/2024 at 1:29 PM, EmpyreDave said:

Just got my Thorn hardcover. It looks great.

IMG_6094.jpeg

This does look great, thanks for posting!

For everyone who has signed stuff in their rewards, the wait will be a bit longer. Hold tight! 

Received the Thorn Kickstarter book today (I had a signed print, so took longer). Gorgeous book put together by Jeff Smith & Co. However, my favorite thing about it may be the reproductions of the three Bone mini comics that he created as a kid, bonused into three little pockets inside the back cover.

Thorn Kickstarter book (2).jpg

Thorn Kickstarter mini books (2).jpg

Edited by Legion HQ

I know some of you purchased one or both of the OA tiers for the Thorn Kickstarter campaign and this was posted on Boneville.com and all their social media accounts:

IMG_2916.thumb.jpeg.2f04bc7bf257c7f5060b0472453879ec.jpeg

I’m not an OA expert but it doesn’t look like Jeff lightboxed any of these which is obviously a good thing. I think everyone will be pleased :)

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the Thorn collection. I got the hardcover, which is a really nice production. I had low expectations for the strips themselves because Jeff has been so down on them for so long but they're really good. The art is way more advanced than I thought they would be considering his experience level as a cartoonist at that point, the jokes are funny, the humor a little edgy, the narrative is engaging. I dare say I might even like them better than the comic series and I like the comics a lot.

On 4/11/2024 at 12:08 PM, Ryan. said:

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the Thorn collection. I got the hardcover, which is a really nice production. I had low expectations for the strips themselves because Jeff has been so down on them for so long but they're really good. The art is way more advanced than I thought they would be considering his experience level as a cartoonist at that point, the jokes are funny, the humor a little edgy, the narrative is engaging. I dare say I might even like them better than the comic series and I like the comics a lot.

Very glad to hear you enjoyed it. I screenshotted all the strips during the pandemic and read them all in one sitting (had a lot of time on my hands lol). I’m glad no one will have to do this ever again :)

On 3/20/2024 at 11:28 AM, DocGo said:

There’s a very interesting development occurring at CGC which will affect a lot of Bone collectors like myself: https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/12753/

It says all the big announcements will come in April, specifically what Qualified grades would transition to as well as pricing.

Now the question is do I take my verified cbcs books and cgc qualified, and get them jsa “authenticated” and regraded? Anyone with a guess on label color they will use?

On 4/16/2024 at 1:04 AM, Aaroncash said:

Now the question is do I take my verified cbcs books and cgc qualified, and get them jsa “authenticated” and regraded? Anyone with a guess on label color they will use?

That’s the big question. If they use yellow with only a written notification of a “verified signature”…let’s just say I’ll be upset.

Orange seems like a good option.