• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,463 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2024 at 5:04 PM, JollyComics said:

No, what's up?

People who contributed to the Thorn Kickstarter campaign were sent PDFs of the finished book. I don’t think that the physical copies will be published and delivered before Spring time.

On 1/28/2024 at 11:13 AM, DocGo said:

Has anyone read the Thorn PDF from the Kickstarter campaign?

I started reading through it!  It's really nice to be able to read the strips in order and there are nicely written introductions that give more context to what was going on during each year of the strip.  Definitely enjoyable!

The CBCS 9.8 of Bone #1 with a “verified” signature on the cover and sketch on the inside cover that sold at auction on ComicLink back in May, sold on eBay a few days ago for a best offer price of $12k. The book itself is probably a 9.8, from what I can see, but on the lower end (would be qualified according to CGC). This was a really good sale for the ComicLink buyer who takes home a nice windfall and I don’t think the buyer thru eBay will be disappointed :smile:

On 2/3/2024 at 12:21 PM, DocGo said:

The CBCS 9.8 of Bone #1 with a “verified” signature on the cover and sketch on the inside cover that sold at auction on ComicLink back in May, sold on eBay a few days ago for a best offer price of $12k. The book itself is probably a 9.8, from what I can see, but on the lower end (would be qualified according to CGC). This was a really good sale for the ComicLink buyer who takes home a nice windfall and I don’t think the buyer thru eBay will be disappointed :smile:

I think that the signature was also on the inside cover with the sketch wasn’t it?

On 2/8/2024 at 9:03 AM, Savvy Collector said:

I think that the signature was also on the inside cover with the sketch wasn’t it?

Yeah, this was my fault. Signature and sketch are BOTH on the inside cover which means it could be a universal blue label (unless this policy has changed).

My bad :facepalm:

On 2/8/2024 at 11:25 AM, DocGo said:

Yeah, this was my fault. Signature and sketch are BOTH on the inside cover which means it could be a universal blue label (unless this policy has changed).

That will likely wait until they change the cases

On 2/12/2024 at 11:07 AM, Savvy Collector said:

One left to get… lol that’s a joke cuz as a collector I am never done!

might want to blur out the labels, as competition labels aren't allowed on the boards :cheers:

Just an fyi, and nice books :) 

On 2/12/2024 at 10:18 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

might want to blur out the labels, as competition labels aren't allowed on the boards :cheers:

On 2/12/2024 at 10:18 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ooooh I didn’t know that!  Oooops

On 2/12/2024 at 11:25 AM, Savvy Collector said:
On 2/12/2024 at 11:18 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ooooh I didn’t know that!  Oooops

On 2/12/2024 at 12:38 PM, DocGo said:

So what happened here? I don’t understand lol

He was just showing some thread appropriate books :cheers: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/12/2024 at 2:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

He was just showing some thread appropriate books :cheers: 

I figured that much out but I wanna know what "one left to get" means and what he showed. You can show the encased books but crop out the label and let us know what the grade is. :)

On 2/8/2024 at 12:25 PM, DocGo said:

Looks like the 9.8 CBCS of Bone #1 with Verified Sig & Sketch is back up on eBay (shrug)

On 2/29/2024 at 5:54 PM, DocGo said:

Anyone see the auction for the Bone Series 1 sketch card on eBay? I thought it went low.

To put this into context, these are the Comic Images release numbers for the 1994 Bone Series I set: 2500 cases produced with 12 boxes per case. There were 100 sketch cards made for the set so they appeared at a rate of 1 per 25 cases or 1 per 300 boxes.

Including the latest sale, I’ve seen 7 of these come up on eBay since late 2006. The last one was in August 2014 for a Buy It Now price of $199.99 which sold in seconds. The last auction was in May 2014 for $334 with a slight smudge on the “S” in Smith.

I figured this example would get in the 800s but only two people made bids. Perhaps a lower opening bid would have been helpful.