• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,613 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2024 at 3:52 PM, grendelbo said:

Cinderella Love 25  

Teen-age Romances 32

True Love Pictorial 9 

The Saint 4

Diary Secrets 21

Wartime Romances 8

Dunno. I'd like to look at a cute girl on a cover.  Being in distress is optional. So too is a swimsuit. I still need education and exposure to understand what I'd like. (And a bigger comic book fund.)

Good list!  Check out Secrets of True Love.  One shot issue so you won't feel the completist need to buy a whole run!!!

I fixed your list a bit....

On 6/5/2024 at 4:21 PM, grendelbo said:

Getting into Baker definitely means I gotta start unloading comics. It's like buying Apple or Tesla stock.

yup definitely not a cheap habit. its a blessing and a curse lol 

over the years to fund my habit, I've sold a marvel comics 1 ng, TMNT 1 9.4, Wrighton Swamp thing OA, Paul Smith x-men original art ... and Im still trying to fund just a couple more books I "need". 

On 6/6/2024 at 3:13 PM, Changer said:

yup definitely not a cheap habit. its a blessing and a curse lol 

over the years to fund my habit, I've sold a marvel comics 1 ng, TMNT 1 9.4, Wrighton Swamp thing OA, Paul Smith x-men original art ... and Im still trying to fund just a couple more books I "need". 

As much as I love Baker books, I wouldn't be selling a MC 1, TMNT 1 and a SW Wrightson OA to fund it.  I flip copper/modern junk to help fund it. 

On 6/9/2024 at 4:15 PM, Point Five said:

Seriously! If Changer owned *my* Baker books he’d use them for bathroom reading.

Don't feel bad. Your books would make for high class bathroom literature. 

On 6/13/2024 at 6:07 PM, DJDemarco said:

dirt cheap , but somebody go to do it! :gossip:

Need one more to complete this set-

20240422_131817.jpg

I haven't found them to be cheap...

That Hawk 12 is Bakers best non-GGA Western cover and a very underrated book and is right up there with Amazing Ghost Stories 14 IMHO