• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,613 posts in this topic

CL 25 I was scared to pay too much for it. I have seen vf copies of this book ungraded. Well maybe they are vf or higher not sure. The owners just didn't seem to care to send them to cgc. But if these start to show up that 6.0 might be over priced right now. Nice book though! Sparkle city always seems to fetch the best prices.

CL 25 I was scared to pay too much for it. I have seen vf copies of this book ungraded. Well maybe they are vf or higher not sure. The owners just didn't seem to care to send them to cgc. But if these start to show up that 6.0 might be over priced right now. Nice book though! Sparkle city always seems to fetch the best prices.

Where have you ever seen a raw CL 25 in vf? Do you remember?

I once submitted a copy in about 6.5, it was returned ungraded, they didn't want to encapsulate it "due to an overhang" (of the top edge of the cover).

I currently have a copy in about 8.0 which I'm reluctant to submit because it has an identical overhang, but I'm pretty sure it would grade at 8.0.

I've never seen another copy in 8.0 or better. Just wondering if you can remember where you did see one?

Condolences on the Cinderella Love. That is a marvelous cover.

I was surprised by the GCE and did not anticipate that much demand for a 4.0.

I was actually thinking that one might top 3k as it seems to be far rarer than any other Baker romance cover.

On the other hand, I think over 2k for CL #25 in 6.0 is way too much. Time to get my copy graded!

I do suspect though, that the number of truly committed Baker aficionados is relatively small, so prices for vg copies will probably not be overly affected.

That was surprising, given the piece missing from the cover, but I think that is a genuinely scarce book.

Yowza! The SC eBay auctions brought in some very strong prices for Baker books -- at any rate, they seemed strong to me as I watched my bids get washed away!

Some highlights:

Cinderella Love 25 6.0 OW/W $2,187.87 (not bad for a book that Overstreet doesn't even break out!)

Giant Comics Edition 12 4.0 (OW/W) $2,577.00 (not bad for a book with a chunk missing from its cover)

Diary Secrets 13 9.2 White $1,999.00

Teen-Age Temptations 8 8.5 (OW/W) $1,431.76

Teen-Age Temptations 1 8.5 (OW/W) $1,425.00

All told the 18 Baker books went for $16,594. Congrats to the consignor!

Anyone else surprised by these prices?

Sort of. I was the underbidder on the CL 25. I wanted it, but was scared of what I would have to pay. To the person who's bid I drove up (we both sniped at the same second), enjoy the book.

The DS 13 is very hard to find and has a salacious cover, and is a 9.2 copy!

I thought it would go for well over 1k, but 2k is very healthy.

I bid on all of them and, like you, was washed away. At least you have your avatar.

hm

That was surprising, given the piece missing from the cover, but I think that is a genuinely scarce book.

Definitely a scarce book, and one that hardly comes up for auction (much like CL 25).... but if you were to do search on Heritage, there was a lower grade copy (raw) with WATER DAMAGE that sold for about $1,700.00 many years ago. I think the final price on this is aligned with how tough this book is, may even seem like a bargain in the long-term. A slabbed copy with a small piece out of the cover has greater appeal compared to a raw copy with major water damage IMHO.

I seen the vf copy at frank and sons collectible show a couple of years back. I think the guys name was AL? Not 100% sure but it looked nice. Anyone here in Cali? Also at SDCC years ago I came across another that someone was trying to sell to a vendor but at the time they did not sell it. I just sold my 3.5 cgc copy to someone on eBay I had bought that from sparkle city but the tape ruined it for me.

All I am saying is that I think the CL 25 might be over priced. There's higher ungraded copies out there. I think if you are a collector who only uses overstreet you might think it isn't so important. This sale might make an impact and get many people who have their ungraded copies to get them graded? Who knows! The 1st time I checked oversteet on it I thought meh cheap baker copy. Then realized it wasn't... Now I use GPA for obvious reasons.

I seen the vf copy at frank and sons collectible show a couple of years back. I think the guys name was AL? Not 100% sure but it looked nice. Anyone here in Cali? Also at SDCC years ago I came across another that someone was trying to sell to a vendor but at the time they did not sell it. just sold my 3.5 cgc copy to someone on eBay I had bought that from sparkle city but the tape ruined it for me.

hm

Definitely a scarce book, and one that hardly comes up for auction (much like CL 25).... but if you were to do search on Heritage, there was a lower grade copy (raw) with WATER DAMAGE that sold for about $1,700.00 many years ago. I think the final price on this is aligned with how tough this book is, may even seem like a bargain in the long-term. A slabbed copy with a small piece out of the cover has greater appeal compared to a raw copy with major water damage IMHO.

You know I was looking at the HA archives and saw that they had sold this copy raw for around $1K. Somehow I read the sales date as 2011, which made me think that the book wouldn't more than double just because it had been graded. Looking at the HA listing again, I now see that the sale was actually in 2001. doh!

lol oh wow nice to know it was a board member who got it. Hope your happy with it. Sorry for the packaging. You placed a weird note on my eBay. I packed with a free slab pro too! Never had a problem with cracked cases or anything tho. Congrats on the copy.

hm

Yowza! The SC eBay auctions brought in some very strong prices for Baker books -- at any rate, they seemed strong to me as I watched my bids get washed away!

Some highlights:

Cinderella Love 25 6.0 OW/W $2,187.87 (not bad for a book that Overstreet doesn't even break out!)

Giant Comics Edition 12 4.0 (OW/W) $2,577.00 (not bad for a book with a chunk missing from its cover)

Wow! Maybe I should get some of these graded.

5560149342_220a4e2012_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

Shuper-Shweet!

Anyone else surprised by these prices? *No. Not really.*

Wow! Maybe I should get some of these graded. Yes. Definitely.

Some highlights:

Selling them to me raw is another option. hm

Some highlights:

Selling them to me raw is another option. hm

I'll sell you mine raw - at the right price! lol (Not really.)