• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,902 posts in this topic

Happy with the grade on this one. The book is miscut, but I'm not too crazy about how CGC placed it in the slab; pretty tight in the upper right-hand and lower left-hand corners -- particularly the former. hm

b4d7f4c2-03b2-4d2c-9ac0-9ee8607b2bd7_zpsqroqv87w.jpg

My copy is similarly miscut. I think most copies were.

Happy with the grade on this one. The book is miscut, but I'm not too crazy about how CGC placed it in the slab; pretty tight in the upper right-hand and lower left-hand corners -- particularly the former. hm

b4d7f4c2-03b2-4d2c-9ac0-9ee8607b2bd7_zpsqroqv87w.jpg

The reds look scorching on that one--very nice! I agree though, the slab placement is a little wonky. Seems like it wants to be jogged clockwise a bit.

skinny guy with no stones

how forward thinking Baker was

uhhhh....not that there's anything wrong with that :devil:

that was a solid buy, Ron, at at a price level that may get away from us

I notice the top end has filled out on this issue. A lofty 8.5 a year ago, and another 7.0 recently. These aren't being graded to sit in someone's closet, imho. hm

Edited by Dr. Love

I notice the top end has filled out on this issue. A lofty 8.5 a year ago, and another 7.0 recently. These aren't being graded to sit in someone's closet, imho. hm

Thanks Andy. I also used my under-copy to help pay for this. I've had it for over a decade, so I don't have as much into this as you would think.

I think this will eventually get classic cover status. The girl is amazing and the dialogue is oozing with sexual implications. And it's a bear to find in any grade.

Thanks Andy. I also used my under-copy to help pay for this. I've had it for over a decade, so I don't have as much into this as you would think.

I think this will eventually get classic cover status. The girl is amazing and the dialogue is oozing with sexual implications. And it's a bear to find in any grade.

Which book?

Which book?

Uuhmm...this one.

teen-age%20romances%2032.jpg

Are there any notable Baker cvr pedigrees? What are they?

There are Church, Crippen, and Ohio copies that I know of. Probably others.

There's a Circle 8 Cinderella Love #15 CGC 9.0... sorry I don't have a scan that includes the label.

cl15_zpsb00bbb00.jpg

Are there any notable Baker cvr pedigrees? What are they?

There are Church, Crippen, and Ohio copies that I know of. Probably others.

There's a Circle 8 Cinderella Love #15 CGC 9.0... sorry I don't have a scan that includes the label.

cl15_zpsb00bbb00.jpg

Great book, although I think CGC defrocked the Circle 8 pedigree a while back.