• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,322 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

Now I'm thinking about CL 15's "love triangle" situation... does she choose the rich guy or the poor guy?  With the Cinderella "spin" in mind, which one makes more sense, I wonder...?  

hm  

cl15_pb.jpg

She picks the rich doctor then hooks up with the poor guy and they off the rich guy and dump him in a swamp. They are partying with the money and the rich guy's corpse comes back and offs them in some twisted medical way. I know, I read too many EC's. I like them better anyway...

4 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

Now I'm thinking about CL 15's "love triangle" situation... does she choose the rich guy or the poor guy?  With the Cinderella "spin" in mind, which one makes more sense, I wonder...?  

hm  

cl15_pb.jpg

I think the guy in the tux is a poor dude in a rented suit. The other guy is obviously the rich one. He's wearing a rare YELLOW leather jacket and probably has an expensive hot rod parked nearby.

50 minutes ago, MBFan said:

I think the guy in the tux is a poor dude in a rented suit. The other guy is obviously the rich one. He's wearing a rare YELLOW leather jacket and probably has an expensive hot rod parked nearby.

You may be on to something... and the guy's expensive hot rod might even look something like this: 

cl29_pb.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, MBFan said:

Sure... how about this:  One guy is rich, the other is poor, but she doesn't know which one is which... and she is allowed to ask just one question of just one guy (not knowing which guy is which)... and the answer to this question must provide her with the info she needs to make the right choice. 

What is the question she must ask?  (and why does this sound oddly familiar...?) 

50 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

And I think whoever won this one made a smart move.  Such a tough book and this copy presents very well (at least from the front!). http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FCOMICTRACK%2FAUCTIONS%2FBIDS.ASP%3Fx%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D1&id=1236842

That headline is rather funny; top-5 graded out of...6.

It did make me check the census and was surprised to find Teen-Age Diary Secrets #5 (nn) only has 1 graded copy. I wonder if I should make it 2.

37 minutes ago, manetteska said:

It did make me check the census and was surprised to find Teen-Age Diary Secrets #5 (nn) only has 1 graded copy. I wonder if I should make it 2.

The other Baker photo covers don't get much love.  

2j3mlww_zps2ed7f8bb.JPG

58 minutes ago, manetteska said:

And it won't take too much to top this one! :)

2018-03-09-0001_zpsu1qr2rgs.jpg

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Congrats to whoever won this one.  I was the underbidder.  Just couldn't quite get myself to go higher since I own a 5.5 copy. http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FCOMICTRACK%2FAUCTIONS%2FBIDS.ASP%3Fx%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D1&id=1236407

I was extremely tempted to bid on it. Had I not just purchased 4 nice LB Cole books in the last two weeks I would have bid it higher. I thought it would easily go for over 4K and maybe even hit 6K. 

Ken

2 hours ago, Inaflash said:

I was extremely tempted to bid on it. Had I not just purchased 4 nice LB Cole books in the last two weeks I would have bid it higher. I thought it would easily go for over 4K and maybe even hit 6K. 

Ken

TAR 39 apparently is a tough book, and this was a copy that I would have loved to own (I've never owned a TAR 39).

Figured it would go north of $4k, maybe up to $5k, still $3,400 is nothing to sneeze at!

Just now, sacentaur said:
2 hours ago, Inaflash said:

Ken

TAR 39 apparently is a tough book, and this was a copy that I would have loved to own (I've never owned a TAR 39).

Figured it would go north of $4k, maybe up to $5k, still $3,400 is nothing to sneeze at!

I have a feeling that the winner probably sniped in a bid at the $4K to $5K range.  

16 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I have a feeling that the winner probably sniped in a bid at the $4K to $5K range.  

I wasn't following the auctions.  Any other Baker books in the mix?