• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,320 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2019 at 10:30 PM, N e r V said:

I try to get at least a couple of Baker books graded each year at SDCC since they make it so easy to drop something off. Usually under-copies to use later as trade bait or just enjoy without risk of handling. I’m leaning towards these three this year. Good enough to slab?

96864A11-57AC-4120-9E85-6B9D4635AA0B.jpeg.311b3787724d56677e3e7a7775fb3bbd.jpeg

740AFE08-0CC1-4F96-B1CD-61053876BAD7.jpeg.93133ecc6a0f89e0f0d3c83d98d5438e.jpeg3B3A0050-994D-4C87-B65C-F504EB3228D1.jpeg.15015abad020b827d637f9c90ccaeaa2.jpeg

I have romance too but I like these covers as a change of pace. Still got over a month to decide though. Getting my copies of Nightmare graded has moved up since the prices seem to be pretty strong now and it’s a great cover so I may take more of these.

Anyone know if the Baker romance is hotter right now than his other genres like the above?

:whatthe:These are your under copy “trade bait” copies? 

I am of the school that his better non romance books are really heating up right now. APC, for years, was a dead title, Baker cover or not. I scooped up as many as I could at great prices in nice grades. Just can’t touch them any more. I think the folks that chase the romance ones have gotton wise to this now. 

1 hour ago, JvR11 said:

Wow, this book is going for a lot now.  NFS.. not high grade but presents nicely.

GoingSteady.jpg

Yep Joanna 

prices have extremely increased since you started this thread back 2008. 

You taking care of my old GCE #15 cgc 4.5 😁

16 hours ago, kat123 said:

Yep Joanna 

prices have extremely increased since you started this thread back 2008. 

You taking care of my old GCE #15 cgc 4.5 😁

Yes still have it :)

29 minutes ago, JvR11 said:

I think this issue is one of the more uncommon ones.  Does anyone have a high grade of TR12?

TR12.jpg

I've been on the lookout for a midgrade copy or better for awhile. My wife is a scientist and this was published during a time when it was still hard for women to break into the field. I have yet to see one for sale.

Great copy!

3 hours ago, JvR11 said:

I think this issue is one of the more uncommon ones.  Does anyone have a high grade of TR12?

TR12.jpg

That's the nicest one I've seen. I've landed 2 copies during the past few years, but both are beat to death, and I can't decide which one is the undercopy.

7 hours ago, JvR11 said:

TR12.jpg

One of my favorites and hard as nails to find. My copy looks nice but has a 2 inch spine split. Still better than most out there.

32 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I’ve had three copies of that book but never above 4.0.

Highest graded is a 4.5. 

Not my favorite but certainly one of the tougher ones in the run. Best quality about the cover to me is the look on her face. It’s a look I’ve seen before...:fear:

5 hours ago, sacentaur said:

As noted, very tough book.

Bunky sold a raw 2.0 last year, I almost pulled the trigger but multiple pieces of tape dissuaded me. 

Sometimes books like that you just have to buy and try to find a better one later...