• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,778 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2024 at 7:10 PM, Yorick said:

Martha's knees are pretty red.  What's going on there?

I can only guess Yoz, but she'll be fighting yet another 'rearguard action' against those two decidedly ill-dressed-for-winter killjoys in the doorway in a moment or two, from the looks of it. 

On 7/20/2024 at 11:35 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I can only guess Yoz, but she'll be fighting yet another 'rearguard action' against those two decidedly ill-dressed-for-winter killjoys in the doorway in a moment or two, from the looks of it. 

I anticipated a frontal assault...    :whistle:

On 7/20/2024 at 7:41 PM, Yorick said:

I anticipated a frontal assault...    :whistle:

Bit cheeky of the other two coming in the tradesman's entrance, I thought. Still, when in Rome... 

On 7/20/2024 at 12:14 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

One of the nicest comic covers that I think I've ever seen.

I wonder if @Darwination still has his beautiful edit posted on his profile page.  hm

Maybe he can share it again in it's full glory?  :wishluck:

On 7/20/2024 at 8:18 PM, Yorick said:

I wonder if @Darwination still has his beautiful edit posted on his profile page.  hm

Maybe he can share it again in it's full glory?  :wishluck:

:wishluck:

Capture.thumb.PNG.70a71b36a3bf59aabcfe6ba9cf6d2387.PNG

On 7/20/2024 at 2:18 PM, Darwination said:

52781149885_7373f4f138_o.jpg

Trying a couple of approaches here, this top is an embedded link, below a direct, curious if they both go to the same-sized image when clicked.  Still learning the best way to share Flickr images without making people go through the dashboard (even though the dash is pure awesome as far as I'm concerned and you can share information in the placard, links to blog posts, links to the full scan at the Internet Archive, direct download links, etc.)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52781149885_7373f4f138_o.jpg

dashboard link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/197841258@N07/52781149885

Baker gallery here (I imagine I still have many I've worked that aren't up here yet.  I also have some unworked 600 dpi scans but only tackle one of those once in a while.  The copies I have access to, mostly from my own collection and the JVJ collection, aren't as nice as the copies the collectors have here and take many, many  hours of restoration:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/197841258@N07/albums/72177720306586240/

L.B. Cole gallery, most of these are being worked from auction images as someone turns me on to an image in the Cole thread:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/197841258@N07/albums/72177720307794063/

I would *much* prefer to work with collectors copies even though it is a far more intensive task than working with auction images (600 dpi .tif lets me blow them up if I want to for something like this, and high grade issues mean better starting colors and less "repair" work).  A 600 dpi image can be printed out on large canvas at high quality for pretty cheap at some of the online printing places:

20240720_150655.thumb.jpg.edf4bcf7e32db5e6908fba8cb7ed58f1.jpg

The easiest way to share a lossless file of a scanned image with me :foryou: is to use a filelocker like mediafire or megaupload or wetransfer and to send me a link via email (because the file sizes are so big and images get stepped on big time when translated through forum hosting and compression).

I spend most of my scan time working on cover to cover scans of various types of comics, pulps, and periodicals.  Working with just the cover of a Baker or a Cole is a real treat, but one can't live on ice cream alone...

Thanks so much for sharing.