• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Strange Adventures
2 2

511 posts in this topic

CGC has certified copies of SA #23 from at least three pedigrees: River City (CGC 8.5), Crippen (CGC 8.0), and Bethlehem (CGC 5.5) -- although it's definitely possible that some/all have since been cracked out.

CGC has certified copies of SA #23 from at least three pedigrees: River City (CGC 8.5), Crippen (CGC 8.0), and Bethlehem (CGC 5.5) -- although it's definitely possible that some/all have since been cracked out.

I picked up the River City but traded it a few years ago to MrBedrock.

SA23.jpg

SA23.jpg

Oooooh........ :cloud9:

Edited by RICK STARR

Atomic Knights is another fabled Silver Age series that's sadly never been collected and rereleased in Archive form.

:(

Since this post, one was released.

An Omnibus actually:

atomic-knights-broome-anderson.jpg

But that's even better!

(thumbs u

Some nice ones sold recently on eBay

Strange Adventures on eBay

Yep. Zillaf4 had a lot of nice ones that ended today.

I was eyeing #64 (black cover) and was even high bidder at $80 with 15 minutes left.

It jumped to $171.00 in the last minute. :mad:

I am still deciding whether I can afford to start collecting these or not, but I remember reading them growing up and love a lot of the stories and covers.

Edited by icefires

I won two of them, lost the 12 other ones I had put snipes. Some went for very high prices (like the #21)

I got two and feel lucky to get them. But I can't argue with the prices. They were some real beauties in that collection. Wonder where he got them.

SA23.jpg

Were there a lot of really nice fifties comics in the River City collection?

???

SA23.jpg

Were there a lot of really nice fifties comics in the River City collection?

???

Yes

Help!

There is a decent Strange Adventures #110 on Ebay (reputable seller says VG/F). The bid is up to $143.50.

I love this cover. Is it worth bidding more on, or should I wait for a better deal?

Oh, and I do subscribe to GPA, and they only have one sale listed (CGC 8.0 for $420).

Thanks!

The CGC 8.0 Mine !!!! Sunday Heritage Auctions, last year. Some good bargains in these Sunday auctions. It sold cheaper than I expected.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=37069&GSub=889

The VG/F on E-Bay looks really nice for the estimated grade but the pic is cropped at the bottom so who knows. This book is one of my favorites and I don't mind having multiple copies. Don't see them too often in mid grade or better.

Help!

There is a decent Strange Adventures #110 on Ebay (reputable seller says VG/F). The bid is up to $143.50.

I love this cover. Is it worth bidding more on, or should I wait for a better deal?

Oh, and I do subscribe to GPA, and they only have one sale listed (CGC 8.0 for $420).

Thanks!

The CGC 8.0 Mine !!!! Sunday Heritage Auctions, last year. Some good bargains in these Sunday auctions. It sold cheaper than I expected.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=37069&GSub=889

The VG/F on E-Bay looks really nice for the estimated grade but the pic is cropped at the bottom so who knows. This book is one of my favorites and I don't mind having multiple copies. Don't see them too often in mid grade or better.

I agree with you. The price is up to $250 now so I will wait.

My Comic Shop has #10 CGC 9.6 OWW (White Mountain) listed for $13,000.

Metropolis has #10 CGC 9.8 OWW listed for $6,608.

Worldwide Comics has #10 CGC 9.6 OW listed for $3,000.

That's quite a wide range of prices. hm

The WM copy sold for $1627 four and a half years ago.

Based on the prices of the other two books, the consignment seller on My Comic Shop is totally delusional (or maybe he thinks Bill Gates is out to get all the WM copies). lol

Edited by icefires

Based on the prices of the other two books, the consignment seller on My Comic Shop is totally delusional (or maybe he thinks Bill Gates is out to get all the WM copies). lol

....the owner of the White Mountain is hoping to sell by retirement.... it may happen as he's only 12 now..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....folks like that give MCS a bad rep..... when in reality, they have some of the best selection and bargains on the internet....