• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOMB OF DRACULA OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC

22 posts in this topic

I had this problem with the FF v1 omnibus could not decide between the ross cover or the kirby cover in the end I went with the king though pretty well a given ... In this case I'm not sure what cover to get at all both are great looking!

TOMB OF DRACULA OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC

Written by GERRY CONWAY, ARCHIE GOODWIN, GARDNER F. FOX, MARV WOLFMAN, CHRIS CLAREMONT & DAVID KRAFT

Penciled by GENE COLAN, MIKE PLOOG & DON HECK

Covers by JOHN BUSCEMA & GENE COLAN

Dracula rises from the grave and steps into the Marvel Universe – facing a disembodied brain, a gigantic heart and a ghost with the nerve to steal Dracula's victims! The lord of vampires visits a horrible fate upon the daughter of a long-time enemy, but will his worst enemy prove to be his own daughter? Plus: voodoo, time travel and motorcycle gangs! The cosmic-powered Chimera and a Legion of Doom unlike any other! And who's the tough guy with the knives that snuffs out vampires' lives? BLADE! Can you dig it? Also featuring Werewolf by Night and Hannibal King, Vampire Detective! Collecting TOMB OF DRACULA #1-31, WEREWOLF BY NIGHT #15, GIANT-SIZE CHILLERS #1 and GIANT-SIZE DRACULA #2-4.

768 PGS./Rated T+ …$99.99

ISBN: 978-0-7851-2778-9

Trim size: oversized

TOMB OF DRACULA OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC – VARIANT EDITION

768 PGS./Rated T+ …$99.99

ISBN: 978-0-7851-3430-5

the variant

51PMjaE7n2L._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.de/Tomb-Dracula-Omnibus-HC-Variant/dp/images/0785134301

the regular

TODRAC_OMNI_V1_HC.jpg

http://www.411mania.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6095588&an=0&page=0

Yep. Glorious color.

I have the Essentials Tomb of Dracula - the art does look nice in black and white.

Will definitely be buying the regular cover for the TOD omnibus.

Hopefully Werewolf and Frankenstein aren't too far behind. Mike Ploog rules!!

Are Omnibus' in color?

I cannot read those B &W Essentials. Wish I could.

Yes, and they typically include letters pages and some extra essays and bonus materials in the back.

I have always gone for the alternate covers. I figure the regular cover is reproduced on the inside anyway... so I like the variation...

Yep. Glorious color.

I have the Essentials Tomb of Dracula - the art does look nice in black and white.

Will definitely be buying the regular cover for the TOD omnibus.

Hopefully Werewolf and Frankenstein aren't too far behind. Mike Ploog rules!!

Oh yes, the Plooger does rule, and I await the WBN with much anticipation. I'd go with the variant cover on the TOD, as I feel the TOD 1 cover looks rushed to me, not of usual NA quaility. Plus, the best Drac ever looked was under the hand of Ploog in WBN 15......which is becoming the minor key I said it would several years ago.

Are Omnibus' in color?

In most cases, I would agree wholeheartedly but Colan's stuff looks like it was made for b/w.

Are Omnibus' in color?

Yes, and they typically include letters pages and some extra essays and bonus materials in the back.

I have always gone for the alternate covers. I figure the regular cover is reproduced on the inside anyway... so I like the variation...

Interesting point ... & yes we need more omnibus ! :) I would love any avengers would be killer!

Hey I remember hearing something about them chopping up or editing the essentials TOD & other monster type series to make them more kid friendly or some such does anyone else remember anything about this or know about it?.. I am just sort of wondering if they will do anything like that with this omnibus ...

Tomb of Dracula omnibus before Avengers omnibus? WTF?

Tomb of Dracula essentials was one thier biggest sellers of alltime, non-comic readers bought it. I would expect a Avengers Omnibus in 2010 when the movie comes out.

Tomb of Dracula omnibus before Avengers omnibus? WTF?

Tomb of Dracula essentials was one thier biggest sellers of alltime, non-comic readers bought it. I would expect a Avengers Omnibus in 2010 when the movie comes out.

I loved it as a young teen. I was wowed by the Colan/Palmer artwork. I found Tom Palmers brush work to be amazing.

I reread the early work in Essentials and had to read most of it before I "learned" to enjoy the storyline again. As an adult, I keep thinking that there were a lot of innocent deaths at the hands of the lead character and the heroes chasing Dracula sure were lucky over and over again that Dracula found a reason not to slay them on the spot.

I am so immersed in Silver Age books that I think I need to "get used" to the Bronze Age all over again.

I've got the essential books and you know what? Colan's stuff looks killer in b/w.

You are right about that. Many of the other Essentials aren't fun to read because of the B&W artwork, but Colan's stuff in B&W is really great. If you've never picked up the TOD Essentials, you should really take a look.