• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15

28 posts in this topic

The following book is up on Ebay for $14,999.00 That I find is just a stupid amount of money for this book. Even with Stan Lee's sig, on it. I lost out on the 9.8 ASM 129 on Ebay by one single cent. I actually forgot about the auction. My wife was just diagnosed with MS. So it has not not been a very good week. So what do you fellow board members think this book is really worth? I am interested in it. But $15K is just not right. So what say you fellow boardies? Thanks

60023-390f_3.JPG.2b705b5a127f276e39940687d939e7fa.JPG

The problem is there a "stupid amount of money for this book"???

I mean most of the mid grade CGC's have doubled in price in a year

that is the wave I am sure this guy is wanting to cash in on.

I see 15k as high, but not stupid. Who's to say that this book couldn't

be selling at 15k next year without the signature.

(shrug)

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife man. :(

I think that's a little shy of the going price for a 6.5 copy... so I'd definitely say well-over priced. I've seen that same book, and it's been sitting there for quite some time. Person's probably just putting it out there as an advertisement to solicit interest, you know? I think neatstuff does the same sort of thing but on a REALLY large scale. Just my 2c

Person's probably just putting it out there as an advertisement to solicit interest

people said the same thing about that 7.0 six months that was put out there 22K,

then it flipped, then a 7.0 copy went for 34k, then 36k...

so you never know.

I personally don't put that much of a value for SS stuff,

I would rather have a 6.0 or 6.5 that a 5.0 SS.

But that's just my call.

:P

So sorry to hear about your personal trial...I don't know you but I wish you and your wife the best man!

Ignore this book...it has some type of scribbling on the cover...you'd have been better off picking up Esquire's 4.5 for $4K last week...bide your time and take care of your old lady...

Yes, AF 15 is experiencing a mini-frenzy right now but it'll all come back to reality...my 2c

And I wish you the best...for what it's worth a prayer for you/yours...!

This book at that price truly seems ridiculous now that the 6.5 on Clink just sold for $17,000. (which seems like a sweet deal for the buyer considering what the last couple of 7.0's went for).

AND another 5.0 on Pedigree with ow/w pgs went for $7200. Perhaps Stan's sig is now doubling the price of AF 15's?? :P

5.0 in GPA is $7K and change, up about $1500.00 on its 90 day average. There are no signature series books in 5.0 reported as sold. Even with the extremely fast rises on the 90 day average, and how HOT this book is. It does not come anywheres NEAR that kind of money.

I hope this info is somewhat helpful. And I am sorry to hear about your wife, may everything work out for her.

I would say $7000-$8000 with the market the way it is. The last non SS went for over $7000 so I am guessing that this would bring at least that much if it was a regular auction style listing and not that ridiculous BIN.

Best of luck and God Bless...

-William

Thanks for the best wishes and pricing. Very much appreciated......

Focus on your wife, the rest will fall into place. In this case I would say patience is all thats needed. See what offers come in and if one is to your liking..take it (thumbs u

I sold a 4.0 sig series with Stan Lee on it last fall for 4100. Barely made anything over the usual. Stans sig only seems to make a difference on ASM 300. Sorta kidding on that but it seems to be the case for AF15. Like a previous poster said that book is advertisement, or what some dealers call "flypaper." Something like that does increase sales revenue and if it sells at that crazy price, so much the better. Lousy practice though. Take care.

Thanks for the best wishes and pricing. Very much appreciated......

Focus on your wife, the rest will fall into place. In this case I would say patience is all thats needed. See what offers come in and if one is to your liking..take it (thumbs u

sound advice.

(thumbs u