• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punisher War Zone Trailer

29 posts in this topic

Wow ... that actually looks like it's going to be even worse than the first one doh!

No joke, and those "spinning guns" bits made it look like a real crapfest right away. doh!

And "Ray Stevenson"? He makes Ben Affleck look like a casting gem.

Wow ... that actually looks like it's going to be even worse than the first one doh!

No joke, and those "spinning guns" bits made it look like a real crapfest right away. doh!

And "Ray Stevenson"? He makes Ben Affleck look like a casting gem.

He was Titus Pullo from the HBO Rome series-he was a bad-A mofo in that series as a Roman soldier, don't know if he can pull it off here though. Definately makes it interesting for Rome fans.

He was Titus Pullo from the HBO Rome series-he was a bad-A mofo in that series as a Roman soldier, don't know if he can pull it off here though.

That's the whole point - the guy is Irish, and while that may work in a "ancient people spoke like they're from the UK" fantasy Hollywood has created, it makes him sound hilarious as the Punisher.

And those "spinning from a chandelier" moves? One scene like that can ruin an action movie, and I'm not the only one bringing that up. I checked some comments on the trailer sites and a lot of people hate that spinning guns krap.

This movie is just bad news.

Am at work, so the volume was at zero. But looked ok. :shy:

We are talking Punisher here, not Tolstoy.

So for action it looks good, but the does it convey the true Punisher factor is the big question. hm

So far, every attempt at a Punisher movie hasn't been within the same solar system of getting close to it. :sorry:

He was Titus Pullo from the HBO Rome series-he was a bad-A mofo in that series as a Roman soldier, don't know if he can pull it off here though.

That's the whole point - the guy is Irish, and while that may work in a "ancient people spoke like they're from the UK" fantasy Hollywood has created, it makes him sound hilarious as the Punisher.

And those "spinning from a chandelier" moves? One scene like that can ruin an action movie, and I'm not the only one bringing that up. I checked some comments on the trailer sites and a lot of people hate that spinning guns krap.

This movie is just bad news.

Yeah I'm with you on this spinning guns, thats like Milla Jovavich Ultraviolet nightmare, but this guy does have a lot of appeal in general, but probly not a good cast for this very American role-the last guy whoever he was, was fine, not his fault the -script sucked. He was shorter and more compact than Stevenson too which makes more sense for the Punisher, who I always thought of as being 6 feet or maybe 6'1, not 6'5. So Ok its gonna suck. :)

This looks like it's had the full Marvel Movie makeover, rather than licensed rights to someone else's movie interpretaion.

Guess the production value should be good, just from having a decent budget attached to it.

I've seen worse trailers for worse ideas.

Wanted, for instance.

I like Ray so I'll probably give this a shot.

It can't be any worse than the actual book.

Yeah I'm with you on this spinning guns, thats like Milla Jovavich Ultraviolet nightmare

I think that may be what this femme director really wanted to do, make an action movie with Milla. So instead we've some Irish chap taking her place, spinning from the chandeliers. doh!

And the Punisher is about as far away from "stylish fighting" as any comic character.

The chandelier spinning scene doesn't bother me at all. Loved the actor in Rome. In fact, I think he made that series. Looks like it is sticking closer to the comic origin than Thomas Jane's version. His family murdered by the NY mob in Central Park, not on some Caribbean beach resort by a slick Miami drug dealer. I'll put my money down to see it when it opens.

True... the Punisher is all about compact directed aggression and planning... not super balletic action moves.

The Matrix had that gun fight scene with the guards. Equilibrium had Gunkata, martial arts with guns... and of course, you have John Woo's Hard Boiled and the Killer movies.

This Gunkata youtube compilation with Christian Bale is pretty freaky actually... (The actual movie was pretty bad.)

well I loved the both the Lungen and Jane Punisher movies.

So I am excited to see the new one.

OT I finally saw Ghost Rider last night on premium cable, that was def a bad movie!

Worst Villian casting I have ever seen, and I usually ddont complain about comic movies to much.

True... the Punisher is all about compact directed aggression and planning... not super balletic action moves.

The Matrix had that gun fight scene with the guards. Equilibrium had Gunkata, martial arts with guns... and of course, you have John Woo's Hard Boiled and the Killer movies.

This Gunkata youtube compilation with Christian Bale is pretty freaky actually... (The actual movie was pretty bad.)

He sliced that guy's face OFF!! :sick::o:headbang:

The action scenes were insane in that movie, though some of them were way over the top.

We are talking Punisher here, not Tolstoy.

:applause: ... well, that is true! It doesn't look that bad, but no Jigsaw appearance?! meh

This Gunkata youtube compilation with Christian Bale is pretty freaky actually...

Now that is hands down the best compilation piece that I've seen from the film... all the best shots boiled down to 5min! :cool:

With Dream Theater rockin' the background tunes too... :headbang: