• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Happening (Vague review)

54 posts in this topic

Plants unleashing a weird hormone to make people go crazy? meh. The trailer showed folks floating thru the air, so I expected something supernatural. Anything else is a cop-out (but what do you expect from MNS).
They were just falling.

Plants unleashing a weird hormone to make people go crazy? meh. The trailer showed folks floating thru the air, so I expected something supernatural. Anything else is a cop-out (but what do you expect from MNS).
They were just falling.

I thought this too, they looked like they were just walking off the side of a tall building to me.

They were just falling.

I thought this too, they looked like they were just walking off the side of a tall building to me.

Yea, they were in one part of the trailer, but at the very end, they looked to be floating parallel

I've liked most of M. Knight's stuff, but nothing is as good as the Sixth and nothings been as bad as Lady. But since Sixth was his first and Lady was his last, I can only hope this one's going in the opposite direction. Looks like it might not and he might hit a new low...

I liked the Sixth Sense, but all time favorite M. Night Shyamalan movie was Signs with Mel Gibson. Now that my friend was a GREAT GREAT movie.

CC

The village was one of the worst movies I have ever seen

:o I really liked that one... only one I didn't figure out before the end.

Didn't care for Lady in the Water though and The Sixth Sense fails when you discover the "surprise" halfway through the movie. Signs was ok, but I can't stand Mel Gibson and Unbreakable was a masterpiece.

They were just falling.

Yea, they were in one part of the trailer, but at the very end, they looked to be floating parallel

That shot your refering to is taken from a moving car thats passing folks that hung themselves they just show the lower halfs of the bodys so it does look like that for a second.

I thought the flick was okay but not one i`d recomend to many people.

Kristy & I went to see this movie tonight.

If its an action flick that you need then forget it.

If you like the other M.N.S. then expect more of the same slow/medium paced drama with plenty of time to sumise what you think may be happening.

Not a bad flick. Not as good as some of his other movies but if you like his style then you wont be dissapointed.

There are a couple of graphic Ohhh mess moments in the movie but other than that its quite tame.

Russ...

If the trailer is any indication, "The Happening" is 90 minutes of Mark Wahlberg looking stunned.
:o

I saw the Hulk first, which was great ^^ then caught the Happening and almost walked out. The actors looked like they were reading prompters :blahblah:, the premise that plants got "angry" :screwy:seems out in left field. The trailers got me hooked and the movie sent me swinging after I started repeating my self then went silent. :tonofbricks:

WEBHEAD

First we sensed it, then we saw the signs. Now it's happening - the end of Shyamalan's career that is.

lol

That's actually very clever. (thumbs u

I don't know, but I just saw this movie tonight and It was down right awful.. Probably his worse yet!.. The actors are AWFUL (mark wahlberg is decent at best, the rest of the cast is a joke) The plot and story was very dumb and no twist at all (un like most of his other movies).. I would avoid this movie if you havent seen it yet.. wait till it comes out and rent it. IF that.. just IMO

I don't know, but I just saw this movie tonight and It was down right awful.. Probably his worse yet!.. The actors are AWFUL (mark wahlberg is decent at best, the rest of the cast is a joke) The plot and story was very dumb and no twist at all (un like most of his other movies).. I would avoid this movie if you havent seen it yet.. wait till it comes out and rent it. IF that.. just IMO

What exactly was it you didn't like? I thought the plot was cool. Reminded me of some sort of bioterrorism. I thought it was great.

CC

The whole plot, and story and cast (outside of wahlberg who is hit or miss). The ending was awful, the casting as a whole was dreadful and there was no guessing/twist/suspense at all, What you did was just watch people kill themselfs (in stupid ways) whenever the "wind blew (expect when wahlberg was hit with the wind, twice. niether of which had any effect on him hm . It was truly an awful movie, and I like(d) MNS, However his last few films have me thinking twice about him.

If it ended up as bioterrorism or somekind of alien attack or what not, that would have made the movie better.. but plants?!?! which you didn't even have to figure out was the "villian" since it was told to you halfway through the movie...

The village was one of the worst movies I have ever seen

:o I really liked that one... only one I didn't figure out before the end.

Didn't care for Lady in the Water though and The Sixth Sense fails when you discover the "surprise" halfway through the movie. Signs was ok, but I can't stand Mel Gibson and Unbreakable was a masterpiece.

Im a little late on this thread, and i agree with you with the exception of the Sixth Sense. You discovered the surprise halfway through the movie? Maybe its just because im slow but I thought you found out he was "surprise" at the end of it.