• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could this be a CGC 8.0?

95 posts in this topic

Crook training?

How much are classes? hm

Not much... just your very SOUL!!!!

^^

whenever you are ready the Sith will be waiting (Darth Ewert and Emperor Hammer)!

^^

:banana:

Ok guys, I'm back I purchased this item on 02/13/2007 ebay transaction number 120084233293 from a Stanley Ng with an email address of cheerscar55@yahoo.com. Let me know if this helps or if you guys have any more help to offer. Also, I have taken pics of the wells and more of the hologram etc. but I can't upload them. If someone has an email address I can send them to so they can post it for me would be appreciated. I'm thinking it very well could have been CGC fault if so I'll take that up with them, but if not, do you think I should just rip it out of the case? Thanks, Dan.

Ok guys, I'm back I purchased this item on 02/13/2007 ebay transaction number 120084233293 from a Stanley Ng with an email address of cheerscar55@yahoo.com. Let me know if this helps or if you guys have any more help to offer. Also, I have taken pics of the wells and more of the hologram etc. but I can't upload them. If someone has an email address I can send them to so they can post it for me would be appreciated. I'm thinking it very well could have been CGC fault if so I'll take that up with them, but if not, do you think I should just rip it out of the case? Thanks, Dan.

Use a free service like Photbucket.com where you can upload your pictures and you can then post a link into the forums so we can see. Just make sure you use the IMG tagged link and do a straight copy and paste onto the boards.

Dan,

Don't take anything apart. I think you're better off leaving the case in one piece.

It could be that someone printed a label on their home printer to look like the CGC label and put it in the case.

Either that or it was a mis-label when CGC was slabbing the book.

I would like to think it was the later just on the fact that there's no money to be made in 8.0 ASM 121's.

But the font difference makes me question that assumption. hm

Hi Dice, thanks for the info, but what will CGC do in this matter will they reslab for free, if not then how do I sell this book without misrepresentation, as I stated earlier I will NOT knowingly rip anyone off. So what would be my options, I ask you because you guys really seem to know their stuff and really saved me a lot of trouble by bringing this to my attention. I can't go through a lawyer route, as I purchased it for way under $300 and hiring an attorney is way more than what it's worth. (that's why I was asking whether I should rip it out of the case). Thanks, Dan.

I didn't pay $300 I paid a lot less than that, I was just referring to the post earilier about getting an attorney. Thanks again guys, I'm going to ship it to them this week and maybe they can help some how. Also, where can I verify CGC items in the future so I don't buy something like this again?

bust it out and sell it raw.

Ignore this fool.

Call CGC, tell them what's going on and send the book back to them so they can have a look at it.

877-662-6642

This needs to get into CGC's hands. They need to have a look at it.

(thumbs u

Ignore this fool.

Call CGC, tell them what's going on and send the book back to them so they can have a look at it.

Even if CGC states it was tempered ,then what?He already stated he does not want to go thru with the legal process.

Ignore this fool.

Even if CGC states it was tempered ,then what?He already stated he does not want to go thru with the legal process.

More than likely it will be re-holdered, with the proper 6.0 label hm

Just curious as to what the bottom posts look like. Many time on the older CGC slabs the bottom posts on the outershell popped open all on their own. Or could be quite easy to pop open allowing someone(an evil doer) to slip out the innerwell , swap out labels since the label was not welded into the plastic but just floating loose.

In many cases you can tell if the bottom posts were popped open because the plastic will be whiter around the area, especially if they tried to glue it shut.

Sorry about your loss.