• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could this be a CGC 8.0?

95 posts in this topic

The bottoms are fine, the right top corner is suspicious though, never noticed it till now. I got so freaked out by this, I've confirmed all my other CGC comics and thankfully they all check out, with the amount of them I own it's amazing, and terrific that this is the only one with a problem. Oh yeah an update to the guy I brought it from, it was 02/13/2007 and the ebay handle was jackpottreasures Item # 120084233293 name listed as Stanley Ng with an email cheerscar55@yahoo.com. Thanks again everyone, Dan.

The bottoms are fine, the right top corner is suspicious though, never noticed it till now. I got so freaked out by this, I've confirmed all my other CGC comics and thankfully they all check out, with the amount of them I own it's amazing, and terrific that this is the only one with a problem. Oh yeah an update to the guy I brought it from, it was 02/13/2007 and the ebay handle was jackpottreasures Item # 120084233293 name listed as Stanley Ng with an email cheerscar55@yahoo.com. Thanks again everyone, Dan.

He hit the jackpot, alright. :devil:

Stanley Ng sounds familiar.

I think he's bought books from me before. hm

No way for me to figure it out now, though. That was a long time ago.

Definitely report back CGC's findings on the possible tampering with this book. :thumbsup:

I'd like to know whether the entire label is fake, or the original has been tampered with.

That's the only real question at this point.

Oh, I'm thinking tampered. The CGC rep said the barcodes match, which would indicate the tamper theory. Again, we sincerely want to repeat our commitment to customer satisfaction and hope that our swift and open response to this situation demonstrates that sincerely. If this product would have been purchased from our store we would have refunded completely! Please know that those of you who have browsed jadescollectables.com for the first time and those that are our repeat customers, you can be secure that we are seriously commited to delivering the product and service that you deserve. Therefore the swift response to this matter. To Dice and the others who have posted we sincerely thank you for the help in this matter. Dan.

Definitely report back CGC's findings on the possible tampering with this book. :thumbsup:

I'd like to know whether the entire label is fake, or the original has been tampered with.

That's the only real question at this point.

If I had to guess - and I do - I'd say that this is a wholly original and yet counterfeit label, possibly resulting from a two-sided colour copy of an original.

No way to tell without having in hand the paper this label was printed on, to check if the weight and tooth match a genuine old label

No, we've checked jackpottreasures currently has 0 items for sale.

I just checked their eBay feedback.

There are a lot of names on that list who are well known and several who are board members.

I wonder if any of them have been burnt? Knowingly or unknowingly? (shrug)

I stumbled accross this with my black light one day - if you put a black light on the number grade the CGC watermark will be displayed diagonally many times.

For real????

Man I gotta try this, that is supa-fresh!

:headbang:

For those who needed proof.

Without black light:

DSC01586.jpg

Under black light:

DSC01585.jpg

You realize that the black light is UV light.

By doing that, you're causing the book to break down at a molecular level.

Hell, it's probably a 9.0 by now.

:eek: