• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 180 prices?

88 posts in this topic

That's the rumor mill here in the great Northeast. An LCS owner I spoke to said demand has skyrocketed as most collectors he's encountered are beginning to consider it the first true appearance. Not that it will ever truly overtake 181, but it's about time this book gets the credit it deserves.

An LCS owner I spoke to said demand has skyrocketed as most collectors he's encountered are beginning to consider it the first true appearance.

Most collectors? lol

Yeah. Your LCS owner is full of mess. :roflmao:

An LCS owner I spoke to said demand has skyrocketed as most collectors he's encountered are beginning to consider it the first true appearance.

Most collectors? lol

Yeah. Your LCS owner is full of mess. :roflmao:

Most of 'em are, unfortunately.

One of my favorite books... great choice to add to your collection.

It's on a spike pattern right now... may not be the wisest time to buy.

BTW... GPA is only 6.95 a month (even less with a yearly subscription) and well worth it... especially if you're a serious collector buying sweet books of this caliber.

As many will attest here, it can (and has) paid its yearly subscription price in one to several transactions in terms of assisting subscribers in making wiser, more-informed choices.

Good luck (thumbs u

I agree with the LCS owner. 180 has always been WAY undervalued.

I agree it could be a little more valuable, but the LCS owner is full of for even suggesting there is some backlash of collectors that are successfully pushing this as the "first true appearance".

lol

I agree with the LCS owner. 180 has always been WAY undervalued.

I disagree. A one page cameo? Big whup. Its priced appropriately.

One page? No, try one panel! If it were four or five panels then maybe I would agree that it's undervalued, but one panel? I'd say it's over priced considering the cost of a 181. The 181 gives far more bang for the buck as it were...

Still....it's the first appearance of Wolverine. And always will be.

Hulk 181 cannot truthfully ever make that claim.

I know opinions differ. Fortunately I can't stand the character and wouldn't pay 10.00 for either one of them, except to flip.

First cameo/brief appearance.

And I'm actually hoping this stupidity catches on, as I have tons of Iron Fist 13's, New Mutants 86's, Ms Marvel 16-17, Avengers 195's, etc.

First cameo/brief appearance.

And I'm actually hoping this stupidity catches on, as I have tons of Iron Fist 13's, New Mutants 86's, Ms Marvel 16-17, Avengers 195's, etc.

Classic lol:applause:

Hulk 181 cannot truthfully ever make that claim.

I know opinions differ. Fortunately I can't stand the character and wouldn't pay 10.00 for either one of them, except to flip.

I agree with you on the 1st appearance thing. 180 is truly his 1st appearance. I know that it is only a small panel but it does introduce him with name. Do I like it more than 181? No, but I don' t think that 181 should be called the 1st appearance when it truly is not. 181 of course has the 1st cover appearance and full story BUT is not the 1st appearance. Just my 2c

Well, it is a LARGE panel. :)

In my mind it is more than a "cameo" because it shows a bold image of the character and displays his name in large letters. I think of a cameo appearance as merely showing a character in the background or in an insignificant role.

I equate Wolverine's appearance in the last panel of Incredible Hulk #180 with Mary Jane Watson's appearance in the last panel of Amazing Spider-Man #42. ("Face it, Tiger... you just hit the jackpot.")

But the fact that my Hulk #180 is in VF/NM and my #181 is in Good might be influencing my opinion. :)

Do I like it more than 181? No, but I don' t think that 181 should be called the 1st appearance when it truly is not.

For the record, Hulk 181 is correctly referred to as the First FULL Appearance of Wolverine, and is the first cover appearance as well.

450c_3.JPG

Do I like it more than 181? No, but I don' t think that 181 should be called the 1st appearance when it truly is not.

For the record, Hulk 181 is correctly referred to as the First FULL Appearance of Wolverine, and is the first cover appearance as well.

450c_3.JPG

Is that the way it is worded in Overstreet? I don't have a guide here at work.