• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No respect for CGC! What's up with that?

168 posts in this topic

Does anybody know how to embed a Youtube video on these forum pages? any help is greatly appreciated

"Go down to the 7th post to see what I'm talking about."

Long live Dimebag! (worship) Pantera rules!

Yes.

Shawn in Midland TX.

OK forget that embed , here's what I was trying to do. I found this vid on YOUTUBE of three subjects consisting of two primates and one spineless reporter, as You'll see there behavior after smashing into the slab is hilarious when they run into the "Well". I don't much care for FATHOM, but where's the respect for all the hard work that goes into the grading process. Anyway watch the vid and let Me know what Ya think.

We are now in the 3rd generation of the "Me-ism; Me Me Me". "Look at ME". " I don't fit in - disrespect it.

There are many people that just don't have any RESPECT for anyone else, anything they don't understand, anything they can't be a part of, and yes that includes the Comic book hobby. Can't afford uber high grades? make fun of CGC and it's supporters. Girls: Hate the blonde sex-kitten down the street that men would risk jail and financial ruin just for a 5-minute fling with? Make fun of her and spew forth dumb blonde jokes. Then sprinkle a dash of hypocrisy along, and the dumb blonde you are making fun of is the very girl they want to be. Why? Becasue every hound dog male pays attention to THEM and not you.

Modern society = No respect. That is the reason for a lot of things wrong today.

The answers are not appropriate for this Forum.

CAL won't run for Office because of rigid mind-set

With that post, I just gained a whole new level of respect for you, Cal.

(worship)

hm

(tsk)

I thought the video was a little funny. Not laugh out loud funny, but alright.

On one hand, slabbing modern books seems kind of stupid. Modern books are in no way hard to find in high grade, why not just keep the book raw so you can read it?

On the other hand, why not spend the few bucks to buy a reader copy and keep the 9.8? Option two sounds good to me :).

or download a copy since you already own one is that so wrong? :D

I thought this was rather stupid my self how ever it says a lot for CGC look at how long it took those insufficiently_thoughtful_persons to get it open :D Even stepping on it it took quite a bit :) This made no sense to me really because they talk about how it sucks that they can't read it & then they open it and don't want to read it?... I'm sure there is a joke there some place but eh...

Also the same guys who keep there books open to read them never really go back and read them much... how ever when it comes to go sell there books you can bet good $$ that if these same guys who complain have anything worth while it gets sent into cgc :D

OK forget that embed , here's what I was trying to do. I found this vid on YOUTUBE of three subjects consisting of two primates and one spineless reporter, as You'll see there behavior after smashing into the slab is hilarious when they run into the "Well". I don't much care for FATHOM, but where's the respect for all the hard work that goes into the grading process. Anyway watch the vid and let Me know what Ya think.

We are now in the 3rd generation of the "Me-ism; Me Me Me". "Look at ME". " I don't fit in - disrespect it.

There are many people that just don't have any RESPECT for anyone else, anything they don't understand, anything they can't be a part of, and yes that includes the Comic book hobby. Can't afford uber high grades? make fun of CGC and it's supporters. Girls: Hate the blonde sex-kitten down the street that men would risk jail and financial ruin just for a 5-minute fling with? Make fun of her and spew forth dumb blonde jokes. Then sprinkle a dash of hypocrisy along, and the dumb blonde you are making fun of is the very girl they want to be. Why? Becasue every hound dog male pays attention to THEM and not you.

Modern society = No respect. That is the reason for a lot of things wrong today.

The answers are not appropriate for this Forum.

CAL won't run for Office because of rigid mind-set

With that post, I just gained a whole new level of respect for you, Cal.

(worship)

hm

(tsk)

I thought it was a good post too.

(shrug)

Where the hell have you been? :busy:

It's summer time. It's too nice to be inside. He has been working and then goes to the skate park. Where have you been?

I'm too old for the skate park. You'd think he would hang out at places where girls do, but go figure. (shrug)

Some people are just slow starters where girls are concerned. ;)

Some people already have a GF. :gossip:

I wish I had a GF. (shrug)

My wife won't let me. :(

I thought the video was a fun little stunt. They obviously dont "get it".. but, so what, right?

Im wondering though if watching this video is proof enough for CGC to adjust the census! ?? Clearly, theres one less 9.8 copy in existence. Or does the guy at the end who scooped up the comics and label have to mail it in to CGC?

: )

I thought the video was a fun little stunt. They obviously dont "get it".. but, so what, right?

Im wondering though if watching this video is proof enough for CGC to adjust the census! ?? Clearly, theres one less 9.8 copy in existence. Or does the guy at the end who scooped up the comics and label have to mail it in to CGC?

: )

I think someone stole the comic w/ label as the YouTube video shows

CAL (shrug)

Welcome to the majority of collectors out there. Regardless what those here think, the vast majority of collectors are these guys. They don't understand or can't fathom why people put their comics in slabs. Doesn't make their opinion void. They are traditional collectors, collectors who have kept this hobby alive for at least the last 40 years. Who's to say their way of collecting is somehow misinformed or inferior?

These are the collectors who make this market thrive...like it or not. And more power to them in my opinion...

Jim

I don't see why people are getting so up in arms about this. It's their book, they can do what they want with it - burn the thing, stomp on it, crack it open or toss it out. Who cares?

Plus, it's a POS Modern anyway. doh!

1sinspast.jpg

I never grow tired of seeing this image. :cloud9:

Who do you think the breadstick armed comic nerd got to tear that comic book for him? (shrug)

1sinspast.jpg

Who do you think the breadstick armed comic nerd got to tear that comic book for him? (shrug)

I personally have some old dull kindergarten scissors just for such occasions. It would suck to get a paper cut from that book.

I don't see why people are getting so up in arms about this. It's their book, they can do what they want with it - burn the thing, stomp on it, crack it open or toss it out. Who cares?

Now, let's see if you can apply that attitude to Signature Series books. (thumbs u

1sinspast.jpg

I personally have some old dull kindergarten scissors just for such occasions. It would suck to get a paper cut from that book.

Tearing that book in half was a very liberating experience. :cloud9:

Where the hell have you been? :busy:

It's summer time. It's too nice to be inside. He has been working and then goes to the skate park. Where have you been?

I'm too old for the skate park. You'd think he would hang out at places where girls do, but go figure. (shrug)

Some people are just slow starters where girls are concerned. ;)

Some people already have a GF. :gossip:

Does Greggy really count as a "girlfriend"? :luhv::sick:

:shy: