• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No respect for CGC! What's up with that?

168 posts in this topic

I don't see why people are getting so up in arms about this. It's their book, they can do what they want with it - burn the thing, stomp on it, crack it open or toss it out. Who cares?

Plus, it's a POS Modern anyway. doh!

Sometimes you do make sense. (thumbs u

I respect the comic, not the slab. I would say that modern age don't count, but since there are people who enloy them, I won't disrespect them.

Are slabbers the only group you disrespect? Or do you have other groups you hate equally? (shrug)

I respect the comic, not the slab. I would say that modern age don't count, but since there are people who enloy them, I won't disrespect them.

Are slabbers the only group you disrespect? Or do you have other groups you hate equally? (shrug)

You set skulls on fire. (shrug)

Is that a trick question? hm

No trick. I think I asked it the way I meant to.

What part seems tricky?

(shrug)

What part seems tricky?

(shrug)

You have to watch Vince. He's tricky. Consistent, but tricky. He's a lot like Davenport.

It was a ham-handed way to make a tired point...but so it goes.

I've bought a grand total of ONE slabbed comic book, wayyy back before there were helpful YouTube videos to tell you how to open the darn things. Fortunately, it was already a low-grade book, because my method of "cracking it out" of the slab (using a big-@ss screwdriver and a small hammer) was only slightly less catastrophic to the book than the technique those three goofballs came up with. And I was actually trying to be careful!!!

What part seems tricky?

(shrug)

You have to watch Vince. He's tricky. Consistent, but tricky. He's a lot like Davenport.

I have to be careful so it doesn't look like I'm ganging up on him.

:eek:

I respect the comic, not the slab. I would say that modern age don't count, but since there are people who enjoy them, I won't disrespect them.

What's all this about "respecting" comics? One can respect the art form while completely disrespecting certain examples. Or are we supposed to believe that all comic books are sacrosanct and to be shown some sort of reverance?

While I respect certain books because of their artistic and/or entertainment merit, there are some not worthy of wiping my butt.

What's so complicated about this?

I can certainly understand that some people are just ticked because the video shows disrepect to CGC -- which is the work product of people they like and respect.

But getting your panties in an uproar over "disrespecting the book" seems a bit overboard.

Unintelligent and not funny. You figure if someone was going to go through the trouble to make a point that at least it would be well done. It was a poor attempt at humor and I was laughing more at them than with them.

R.

I respect the comic, not the slab. I would say that modern age don't count, but since there are people who enjoy them, I won't disrespect them.

What's all this about "respecting" comics? One can respect the art form while completely disrespecting certain examples. Or are we supposed to believe that all comic books are sacrosanct and to be shown some sort of reverance?

While I respect certain books because of their artistic and/or entertainment merit, there are some not worthy of wiping my butt.

What's so complicated about this?

I can certainly understand that some people are just ticked because the video shows disrepect to CGC -- which is the work product of people they like and respect.

But getting your panties in an uproar over "disrespecting the book" seems a bit overboard.

There's a lot of panties that get in an uproar in comics general on a daily basis.

I think the sad part if you have three guys trying to stomp on the slabb like a bunch of girls. What a bunch of dorks.

True. They definately should have put the holder in a thai clinch and kneed the out of it.

ninja-emoticon-black.gif