• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us your Wizard World Chicago Purchases.........

153 posts in this topic

from the description above and some of the other comments about the fellow running the booth, I think this is the store that you are talkng about. Perhaps someone from Minny that attended, can confirm.

(thumbs u

He is Midway Comics

Headband guy and Midway Comics may have some nice books, but they take offense when you point out to them that that a book they assign a VF is actually only a FN. They overgrade. I disagree that Headband guy does not have a personality. His personality is disinterested, uninviting, and disagagreeable. Essentially, he looks ticked off that he must bear having to be at the show.

I offered the young guy $50 over FN guide on a presentable looking book with a nice cover, and I was told they wouldn't be interested. Not a problem. But...I am not 100% positive, but I could have sworn I saw the yournger guy at Midway (while HB guy was away) give me a middle finger (out of the corner of my eye) as I turned away to leave.

In any event, I loved Chicago. I picked up 5 amazing books and spent way too much $ :)

I suspect over the next week there's going to be an undercopy selling bonanza in the Marketplace...

Jim

:wishluck:

Gang I just scanned a few of my latest buys. This was an incredible experience and though I did not scan everything I bought these few gems are the highlights. All books are unrestored. In alphabetical order...

ActionComics18-1.jpg

2nd app. of Sandman and a very cool O'malia shark cover. Foxing on the right is unfortunate but forgivable.

AdventureComics41.jpg

This book is unbelievable. The pages are as white as snow. The cover inks blinding. We were looking at this book wondering if it was a pedigree of some sort. I own an 8.0 copy and this book blows it into the weeds! Very tough book to come by...and now I own two in very hi grade!

AmazingAdventures1chicago.jpg