• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago '09?...

600 posts in this topic

rantrant

So I call the Wizard World phone number from the e-mail they sent me for advance tickets. Buy in advance and save $5 per ticket. Sounds like a good deal, they get their money faster and get to put it in the bank. I scratch their back and they scratch mine. except: It's a BS scam! I try to buy 3 tickets for my family for Saturday, I get to the totals, and the computer on the phone says: "3 tickets at $25 = $75, PLUS SERVICE AND CONVENIENCE FEE. TOTAL = $94" or some such BS. I hung up and tried to order online instead. 3 tickets for Saturday early order = $75, PLUS CONVENIENCE FEE of $15! What the?!!! What kind of bait and switch are they trying to pull? Does anyone else find their intelligence insulted by this garbage?

I agree with you. What advantage is it to get an advanced ticket when it ends up the same price as at the door? (shrug)

rantrant

So I call the Wizard World phone number from the e-mail they sent me for advance tickets. Buy in advance and save $5 per ticket. Sounds like a good deal, they get their money faster and get to put it in the bank. I scratch their back and they scratch mine. except: It's a BS scam! I try to buy 3 tickets for my family for Saturday, I get to the totals, and the computer on the phone says: "3 tickets at $25 = $75, PLUS SERVICE AND CONVENIENCE FEE. TOTAL = $94" or some such BS. I hung up and tried to order online instead. 3 tickets for Saturday early order = $75, PLUS CONVENIENCE FEE of $15! What the?!!! What kind of bait and switch are they trying to pull? Does anyone else find their intelligence insulted by this garbage?

Im glad you posted that. I was going to order mine on-line also. I usually pick them up at a local shop, but the little lazy punk they had in there said it was too much trouble to do it on-line in the shop. And they were offering the service in the window. :screwy:

DRX

143ksk

1koko

aardvark88

A Baker Girl

Ant-Man

arexcrooke

BigMike

BlowUpTheMoon

Boboset

Buck Biggins

campued1010

carcrawfordfan

catrick339

cgcworld

CentaurMan

cheetah

collectivetoys

comiccitytn

cowright

dem1138

Detective27kid

DrWatson

DRX

electricprune

flatrock02

FlyingDonut

Foolkiller

ghengishahn

GoldenGuardian

greggy

HOTFLIPS

JiveTurkeyMoFo

joeypost

jonjesper

keldog

KingofRulers

Lhcomics

MCMiles

MrBedrock

Mutant Manatee

MutantKeys

nik - our guardian angel

October

OldGuy

oneasian

Pandora

Pirate

r1970d

Rhino

sborock

Scrooge

seanfingh

Secret Son

shark2557

shiverbones

skypinkblu

Spidey on Tilt

szelim

The_Dude

TheWatcher

thirdgreenham, wife and son (50/50)

Timmay

Transplant

Xavier Logan

Ze-man

Count me in as well... See ya guys Thurs & Fri.

rantrant

Im glad you posted that. I was going to order mine on-line also. I usually pick them up at a local shop, but the little lazy punk they had in there said it was too much trouble to do it on-line in the shop. And they were offering the service in the window. :screwy:

DRX

I can actually vouch for the pain it was to get the tickets from the stores. Got mine back in June and I was the first one they did at that store (granted I was the first but the guy's been working for the store for over a decade.) Took about 25 minutes because he had to go through the all these different pages and at first he couldn't even find the ticket page to order online he had to search for that too! doh!

rantrant

DRX

I can actually vouch for the pain it was to get the tickets from the stores. Got mine back in June and I was the first one they did at that store (granted I was the first but the guy's been working for the store for over a decade.) Took about 25 minutes because he had to go through the all these different pages and at first he couldn't even find the ticket page to order online he had to search for that too! doh!

Took 2 minutes to order the tickets online - why bother doing it any other way?

Just looking on the Wizard con pages and they lost a few more comic guests...

I was really upset about Hitch (at least he canceled early), but now we've lost Mike Allred and Esad Ribic both of whom I had never met and was excited to get a sig and sketch from. At this point, I just hope none of the other comic guests jump ship...

I saw some posts from Allred and he was upset about having to cancel (seems like a really stand up guy), but Wizard screwed up his travel arrangements (same thing almost happened to J. Scott Campbell, but somehow they made it right).

143ksk

1koko

aardvark88

A Baker Girl

Ant-Man

arexcrooke

BigMike

BlowUpTheMoon

Boboset

Buck Biggins

campued1010

carcrawfordfan

catrick339

cgcworld

CentaurMan

cheetah

collectivetoys

comiccitytn

cowright

dem1138

Detective27kid

DrWatson

DRX

electricprune

flatrock02

FlyingDonut

Foolkiller

ghengishahn

GoldenGuardian

greggy

HOTFLIPS

JiveTurkeyMoFo

joeypost

jonjesper

keldog

KingofRulers

Lhcomics

MCMiles

MrBedrock

Mushie

Mutant Manatee

MutantKeys

nik - our guardian angel

October

OldGuy

oneasian

Pandora

Pirate

r1970d

Rhino

sborock

Scrooge

seanfingh

Secret Son

shark2557

shiverbones

skypinkblu

Spidey on Tilt

szelim

The_Dude

TheWatcher

thirdgreenham, wife and son (50/50)

Timmay

Transplant

Xavier Logan

Ze-man

Heading up Friday. Hope to meet some of you there! :banana:

I'm going to try something completely new for me, twitter. I've created an account for twitter, @cgctransplant. Feel free to follow along as I post updates from the con, at least as much as I can.

getting on a plane at 6am tomorrow morn!

You going to be there during set up, Rick?

nope, just going to help bedrock a bit and hang with yuse fellers