• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago '09?...

600 posts in this topic

:screwy:

Im going to start packing tomorrow and leave my house for casa de Watson later in the evening.

Then its up early and into Chicago and hopefully not have to fight much traffic. Finding traffic is Watsons superpower :whatthe:

Im going to start packing tomorrow and leave my house for casa de Watson later in the evening.

Then its up early and into Chicago and hopefully not have to fight much traffic. Finding traffic is Watsons superpower :whatthe:

I am having the bathrooms professionally cleaned tomorrow. (thumbs u

How do you professionally clean a hole in the ground?

How do you professionally clean a hole in the ground?

We have lime technicians. :)

Wow, I can’t believe SDCC is over and I just got back from a quick little SF trip this past weekend.

I will be flying out Wednesday mid-day and arriving very late that night.

Out of all the Cons I have been to this year I would say this is the most special because I have not been to this con since 2006 which was one week before I traveled to San Diego for a vacation and where I have now live for almost the past 3 years.

It will feel like a weeklong adventure of comics, on-site grading, friends, restaurants, and straight vodka.

I am excited to see all my friends on the boards in Chicago and for meeting new collectors for the first time. :applause:

I leave early morning Monday so it going to be almost a long week.

Of course I am flying in to work with Bob Storms at the HighGradeComic’s booth so please stop by and say hi and hopefully we have something you need. We actually will have a better selection of vintage comic books for sale that is better than what we had at SDCC. A lot of new stuff, come and see.

John

Arex, look forward to meeting you. John (Spideyontilt), look forward to more drinking with you!! Heading Wednesday with my girlfriend, and will be meeting two friends out there as well from Cleveland. Any of you guys heading to Lollapoolza as well?? Just curious. Hope everyone has a great time.

rantrant

So I call the Wizard World phone number from the e-mail they sent me for advance tickets. Buy in advance and save $5 per ticket. Sounds like a good deal, they get their money faster and get to put it in the bank. I scratch their back and they scratch mine. except: It's a BS scam! I try to buy 3 tickets for my family for Saturday, I get to the totals, and the computer on the phone says: "3 tickets at $25 = $75, PLUS SERVICE AND CONVENIENCE FEE. TOTAL = $94" or some such BS. I hung up and tried to order online instead. 3 tickets for Saturday early order = $75, PLUS CONVENIENCE FEE of $15! What the?!!! What kind of bait and switch are they trying to pull? Does anyone else find their intelligence insulted by this garbage?