• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My comics

474 posts in this topic

What did you just buy, Greggy?
I bought a 9.4 WP copy of the Superman 252. I overpaid because I was playing guess the reserve but I met it in the last minute. Oh well, it looks nice and I'll post a scan when it arrives. I figure that I need it for my 100 page run and that it would be unlikely for me to obtain the 9.6 copy at a reasonable price. confused-smiley-013.gif

Bonds- Nice books...What do you collect specifically? (Any title, artist, cover...etc...)

lol, check out the thread and you'll see there is no rhyme or reason. tongue.gif I just collect books that I like the cover of, or ones that bring back memories of my early collecting (Cerebus, Boris the Bear, etc.). I do collect classic Neal Adams' covers though, and like pre-code horror too.

Beautiful cover!!! Funny I didn't really know about that one. I guess with all of the adulation poured onto #50, that one doesn't get enough respect. Sweet book.

And as far as "showing off" goes, I think that you are just sharing, and given the sometimes elitist attitude on the boards, I appreciate you doing that when you know that some may criticize for the books not being up to their tastes or whatever.

This is actually the part of collecting that I miss the most post cgc - much less talk about the covers/art/content of the books themselves nowadays and much more focus on grading/pricing/qp/and more grading and pricing.

Thanks for sharing.