• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astounding Wolf-Man <=== Read!

24 posts in this topic

I hope the art isn't turning everyone off. I get the sense that, for the folks on this board at least, the art might be too clunky to make the book a regular purchase. But I think especially for comic fans that appreciate a good Bronze read, this is a book to check out. I just blew through the first 7 issues and loved it. I've never liked Josh Howard's art. Dead@17 wasn't for me. I still don't like his art that much. But it works. The book is just very straight forward comics fun. Another Kirkman hit.

I've been reading Wolf from the being and It is definitely one I look forward to reading when it comes out. Remember its now Monthly!!!!!

Totally agree! Issue 7 was a REAL shocker! :headbang:

I've been reading Wolf from the being and It is definitely one I look forward to reading when it comes out. Remember its now Monthly!!!!!

and cancelled

I hope the art isn't turning everyone off. I get the sense that, for the folks on this board at least, the art might be too clunky to make the book a regular purchase. But I think especially for comic fans that appreciate a good Bronze read, this is a book to check out. I just blew through the first 7 issues and loved it. I've never liked Josh Howard's art. Dead@17 wasn't for me. I still don't like his art that much. But it works. The book is just very straight forward comics fun. Another Kirkman hit.

Josh Howard doesn't do the art, wish that he did, but Jason Howard does it.

Huh. Go figure. They must be two halves of the same dude, because I still have no issue thinking that the Dead@17 guy is the artist. It certainly...feels the same to me.

and cancelled

Dam. I hadn't heard that.

and cancelled

Source? Kirkman said in Chicago the book was selling really well...

and cancelled

really? i must admit, i'm not a fan of the art but have picked up the first 7 issues.

and cancelled

They solicited issue #10 in the latest Previews, and it did just go monthly, so I too am curious where this cancellation info is coming from. (shrug)

and cancelled

really? i must admit, i'm not a fan of the art but have picked up the first 7 issues.

The stories are downright cool...not a fan of the art either, but it's growing on me. I just started putting it on the pull list starting with #7...what gives? I think someone just did a drive-by to f with us.

Huh. Go figure. They must be two halves of the same dude, because I still have no issue thinking that the Dead@17 guy is the artist. It certainly...feels the same to me.

they do have some similarities, but Josh Howard has a more pin-up girl style.

and cancelled

Really, most stores I know of don't sell many copies.

:bump:

Is anyone else still reading this series? I finally got around to reading issue #7, and it was a fantastic ride!!! :o

Some crazy, crazy stuff happens in that issue! :headbang:

Yes, still reading it and enjoying it very much. (thumbs u