• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Display Racks

37 posts in this topic

Gary Platt sells the flex-alls that are being used by a lot of dealers.

I've always wondered if there was someone on the East coast making those things too.

A lot of dealers have home-made ones too. (And then you have CW of Fantastic Comics and his massively over-engineered comic racks.)

For slabs, I prefer the cheap wooden racks that you make from Home Depot parts.

Gary Platt sells the flex-alls that are being used by a lot of dealers.

I've always wondered if there was someone on the East coast making those things too.

A lot of dealers have home-made ones too. (And then you have CW of Fantastic Comics and his massively over-engineered comic racks.)

For slabs, I prefer the cheap wooden racks that you make from Home Depot parts.

East Coast :hi:

I wanted a rack for home display of my comics and built one myself. This one cost under a 100 bucks using standards parts available at Home Depot and is very stable. I'm a complete klutz and used no power tools so I'm confident when I tell you that it isn't hard at all to make.

I wouldn't suggest this design as being lightweight for the convention circuit but then that wasn't my intention. It is, however, easy to break down and put up, though with a slight design tweak it would be even easier.

This rack is 8' wide x 7.5' high and holds 11 or 12 comics per row depending on how close you line them up. It looks pretty impressive filled up.

ComicRack.jpg

I wanted a rack for home display of my comics and built one myself. This one cost under a 100 bucks using standards parts available at Home Depot and is very stable. I'm a complete klutz and used no power tools so I'm confident when I tell you that it isn't hard at all to make.

I wouldn't suggest this design as being lightweight for the convention circuit but then that wasn't my intention. It is, however, easy to break down and put up, though with a slight design tweak it would be even easier.

This rack is 8' wide x 7.5' high and holds 11 or 12 comics per row depending on how close you line them up. It looks pretty impressive filled up.

ComicRack.jpg

Nice! How about a picture with it all filled up with your "precious"

Nice! How about a picture with it all filled up with your "precious"

Sure. Might need to buy a few more books for the collection. hm

ComicRackMasks.jpg

While I love putting up sets of books on the rack, I don't usually post pictures because the photos don't usually turn out well due to the glare off of the mylars.

Here's a pic for the Marvel Zombies :banana:

Unfortunately they are all pre-hero cr@p :sorry:

PreHeroMarvelRack.jpg

While I love putting up sets of books on the rack, I don't usually post pictures because the photos don't usually turn out well due to the glare off of the mylars.

Here's a pic for the Marvel Zombies :banana:

Unfortunately they are all pre-hero cr@p :sorry:

PreHeroMarvelRack.jpg

(worship)(worship)

Great job on the rack, as well.

I never thought i would say this to another guy but ahem.......nice rack........... shifty.gif

Thanks, I think. I've never had guy say that to me. Nor a a girl for that matter.

The display rack is fun in person but if I'm creating something for online that approximates seeing the display then I prefer combining scans in Photoshop, like the example below.

PreHeroGroupSmall.jpg