• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad news for me today

55 posts in this topic

I got a text message from Vinny (Metropolis Comics) that his mother died at 5am this morning. I had just seen Rose at the Big Apple show and it saddens me that it was the last time I will see her.

For those who didn't know Vinny's mom she was a great woman. She always made me welcome when I used to come to work with Vinny at his house. Over the years she always asked about my family and genuinely cared about how I was doing. One of my favorite memories of her will be the day Vinny got his new car. She came out of the house with a vial of holy water and blessed the car with the two of us still in it. Thankfully neither of us melted when the stuff hit us.

I know that Vinny loved his mother very much and she meant a lot to him.

I do not have any information yet about the wake/funeral.

One of my favorite memories of her will be the day Vinny got his new car. She came out of the house with a vial of holy water and blessed the car with the two of us still in it. Thankfully neither of us melted when the stuff hit us.

Bob, she must have had a great sense of humor!

Give Vinny our condolences from Louise and I and let him know that she is only gone for a time.

Wishing him the best!

R.

Hey Bob --

That's very sad news. Thanks for letting us know, and our condolences to Vinny, his family, and his extended family of friends and associates, including you. I'm sorry to hear of her death.

With sympathy,

Dan

Thanks for passing along this news Bob, even though sad. :(

And to Vinnie, may you always carry your mother in your heart and remember what it was she wanted and hoped for you.

If there is a way for us to donate funds for flowers or perhaps a charity in her name please let us know, I would be happy doing either in honor of your mother.

Again, my condolences to Vinnie and his family.

A loss of a mother is one of the saddest events that can occur in most of our lives, only eclipsed by that of the loss of a child. I had a close call a few years ago that helped prepare me to deal with an event such as this.

I hope it wasn't sudden and they have shared many wonderful moments that leaves him at peace with the tragic event.

It sounds like he had a wonderful mother and I hope the sadness is short but his memory of her lives on forever.