• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Anyone ever look at Craigslist? Allofcraigs is a nifty search engine for CL.

Saw a 5.0, and a Hulk 181 for sale there:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/clt/2377928156.html

The price is outrageous, but the offers seem okay.

-WB

The AF15 price isnt too bad. Last sale for a 5.0 was for just under 9k. I dont know about watches so i have zero clue what that Tag is worth but if its at least a few hundred dollars, thats not too bad a deal.

Definitely odd to be selling a AF15 and a watch as a package deal though (shrug)

Tag Heuer's are not that bad of a watch as they are swiss made. Not sure how much the value of the Tag Heuer watch is, but I'm guessing if brand new around $2k.

Tag Heuer has a poor resale value. Now, if it included a Rolex submariner or a Rolex yacht master, then a good deal. ;)

That is true! Resale values for Rolex's hold! I prefer the vintage submariner or sea dweller models, but one of those plus the cash would be way too much to offer for a 5.0. Not a big fan of the Yacht Master though

Sounds like you're a watch enthusiast. A new model of sub is around $5500 but I don't how vintage you are looking at :grin:. Regarding the AF15 for $9500 with the Tag, it's full market price for both items. The Tag may have a FMV $500, and the AF15 is $9000.

-WB

The AF15 price isnt too bad. Last sale for a 5.0 was for just under 9k. I dont know about watches so i have zero clue what that Tag is worth but if its at least a few hundred dollars, thats not too bad a deal.

Definitely odd to be selling a AF15 and a watch as a package deal though (shrug)

Tag Heuer's are not that bad of a watch as they are swiss made. Not sure how much the value of the Tag Heuer watch is, but I'm guessing if brand new around $2k.

Tag Heuer has a poor resale value. Now, if it included a Rolex submariner or a Rolex yacht master, then a good deal. ;)

That is true! Resale values for Rolex's hold! I prefer the vintage submariner or sea dweller models, but one of those plus the cash would be way too much to offer for a 5.0. Not a big fan of the Yacht Master though

I prefer Blancpain, the oldest watchmaker in the world (est 1735).

-WB

Sounds like you're a watch enthusiast. A new model of sub is around $5500 but I don't how vintage you are looking at :grin:. Regarding the AF15 for $9500 with the Tag, it's full market price for both items. The Tag may have a FMV $500, and the AF15 is $9000.

Yeah I used to buy and sell Rolex's with my brother who got me into it. I used to have a Sea-Dweller 16600 I believe complete with box and papers. Boy, i miss that watch! Other watches I love are Audimar Piget or however you spell it and Panerai

-WB

No kidding, some of those watches are very expensive. :o

-WB

Yeah I used to buy and sell Rolex's with my brother who got me into it. I used to have a Sea-Dweller 16600 I believe complete with box and papers. Boy, i miss that watch! Other watches I love are Audimar Piget or however you spell it and Panerai

Time to sell me one of your pre-robbin to get back the Sea-dweller and add a few more. :jokealert:

The AF #15 CGC 1.5 (OWW) in the current ComicLink auction is at 2,300...with 6 days left. :whatthe: My subscription lapsed to GPA, but isn't that a pretty strong price? I see the lack of Marvel chipping and PQ is probably the factor here, but still. A FR/GD way over the 2,000 mark. My 0.5 will have to suffice. :insane:

The AF #15 CGC 1.5 (OWW) in the current ComicLink auction is at 2,300...with 6 days left. :whatthe: My subscription lapsed to GPA, but isn't that a pretty strong price? I see the lack of Marvel chipping and PQ is probably the factor here, but still. A FR/GD way over the 2,000 mark. My 0.5 will have to suffice. :insane:

12 month average is 2259

Last sale 2450

-WB

Which one would go first? (shrug)

112140.jpg.f38c897c3a2ec5651456c9bf7aa2ee00.jpg

112141.jpg.78b3a59a791d6b81edfdff1842158f72.jpg

Just to steer things more OT into watches, does anyone else remember the eBay listing for a Rolex last year that went ballistic when it was discovered to be a rare Submariner model like the one Sean Connery wore in Thunderball?

Strangely enough, the owner included a photo of himself wearing the watch at a party with a very plastered-looking Christopher Reeve back in the day.

(See, I made it vaguely comic related)

12 month average is 2259

Last sale 2450

Although DD's (Danny Dupcak) words were mostly "in one ear and out the other ear", he said one thing years ago in one of his CBG (Comics Buyers Guide) full page ads that holds true today. He said the price disparity between the HGers (> 8.0s) and LGers (< than 5.0s) will continue to separate, exponentially. Back in those days (70s, 80s) the difference in VG to NM was hundereds of dollars. Now, it is tens of thousands of dollars, and, in some cases, hundreds of thousands. :preach:

12 month average is 2259

Last sale 2450

Thanks, Rick. Guess my hunch was off base. AF #15 in uber low grade commands a nice little premium.

-WB

Time to sell me one of your pre-robbin to get back the Sea-dweller and add a few more. :jokealert:

The reason why I soled my Sea-Dweller is to buy more comics :grin: My brother used to own the 1970's Steve McQueen Explorer II with Orange hand and the Rolex Daytona Paul Newman :o

-WB

Which one would go first? (shrug)

I love you AF #15 :cloud9:

-WB

The reason why I soled my Sea-Dweller is to buy more comics :grin: My brother used to own the 1970's Steve McQueen Explorer II with Orange hand and the Rolex Daytona Paul Newman :o

Those are some sweet watches! (worship)

-WB

Yes they were :cloud9: He sold em to get a Porsche lol

-WB

Yes they were :cloud9: He sold em to get a Porsche lol

:juggle: Decisions...decisions

I got this copy awhile ago but figured I'd post it as it looks I might be selling it soon.

It's got it's bumps and bruises but for me the flaws are in the right places.

AF #15...what a book! :cloud9:

AF15-front.jpg

:hail: