• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Hey Hawkman, to tell you honestly, the reason why I went for a high graded AF #15 is because of your dad's copy. His 8.0 inspired me to get a high graded AF #15 as well! I just fell in love with his 8.0 :luhv:

Hey DK, I can't let you get all the '15 glory... lol

The fact that fireproof safes will rust your staples is boogus, Open your safe often to circulate air.

Bryan is correct, Brian. Only one incident of that occurred years ago in a thread.

I've kept books in safes for decades, both raw and slabbed.

But if you feel more comfortable keeping it in a safe box, we understand. (thumbs u

Hey Hawkman, to tell you honestly, the reason why I went for a high graded AF #15 is because of your dad's copy. His 8.0 inspired me to get a high graded AF #15 as well! I just fell in love with his 8.0 :luhv:

By all means, I want other AF #15 owners post their beauties!

The fact that fireproof safes will rust your staples is boogus, Open your safe often to circulate air.

Bryan is correct, Brian. Only one incident of that occurred years ago in a thread.

But if you feel more comfortable keeping it in a safe box, we understand. (thumbs u

I have read in a couple of threads that the staples do rust if kept in a fireproof safe. If you look at Ghostown's links, you can read all about em. Maybe the safe you have is safe to store metals. I just don't want to take a risk on it.

AF15 :headbang:

amazingfantasy1575.jpg

amazingfantasy1560.jpg

amazingfantasy1575.jpg

amazingfantasy1560.jpg

:P (thumbs u :hi:

I have read in a couple of threads that the staples do rust if kept in a fireproof safe. If you look at Ghostown's links, you can read all about em. Maybe the safe you have is safe to store metals. I just don't want to take a risk on it.

Could be. I purchased mine at Sears in '86 and have kept books in there since.

Just gave it to Bryan and I purchased me one that is carpeted inside. There are so many books in there it could make you.. :insane:

amazingfantasy1575.jpg

amazingfantasy1560.jpg

FWIW, ironically, I used to own that 6.0 and it had White pages before it was cracked out and resubbed.

That would be me that cracked and resubbed it (and lost $$$ on it).

You win some you lose some... (shrug)

I concur. I have had my safe for 10 years now with no problems but after reading about that incident I frequently open my safe and turn a fan on it.

While I am not doubting the incident happened, if you looked at the closeups,

the staples looked liked they melted ?!? There must have been something else going on there. The safe may have been manufactured with inherent problems, wrong chemicals used or overused. A gun safe is meant to hold metal guns. It can't be a common problem.

I concur. I have had my safe for 10 years now with no problems but after reading about that incident I frequently open my safe and turn a fan on it.

While I am not doubting the incident happened, if you looked at the closeups,

the staples looked liked they melted ?!? There must have been something else going on there. The safe may have been manufactured with inherent problems, wrong chemicals used or overused. A gun safe is meant to hold metal guns. It can't be a common problem.

Exactly. And coins and jewelry are stored in fire proof safes. But that was discussed in other threads...back to the greatest thread ever... ;)

amazingfantasy1575.jpg

amazingfantasy1560.jpg

FWIW, ironically, I used to own that 6.0 and it had White pages before it was cracked out and resubbed.

Congrats on your sale...the top and bottom copy is going no where. ;) The scans that Brannon has provided me shows the top copy is superior in PQ than the bottom...though the bottom is just as sweet.

amazingfantasy1575.jpg

amazingfantasy1560.jpg

Ahh...you made it on more than a few AF15 to make up for it. :grin:

At least you didn't post a biotch thread about it,Kudos. (thumbs u

Aren't the CGC inner wells sealed containers? If they are then water can't get inside, nor can air or other things from inside a safe. I've only seen two CGC cases opened, one done by myself, my AF 15, and it looked sealed to me.

Condensation is an issue of course, if the temperature changes then the interior moisture content can change. Thus condensation can cause rust of any comic in any storage location, no matter what the container is. Temperature control is the key factor, keep it constant as much as possible.