• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Here are some AF15 results today at Heritage May signature auction:

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 5.5 OW/W $16730

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 5.0 OW $14340

That 5.5 was my best copy before, the raw copy I posted last week.

From the Heritage scans, it was a strong 5.5. If that chip didn't occur during shipping or whatsoever...a 6.0 on a good day. You had a eye for picking them up back in the days.

Is this a good time or bad time to invest in a AF #15. I say invest as even though I'd love a copy for my SA keys it's not on the top of my collection focus. However with savings rates in the UK I keep thinking would abit of my savings see better growth here and kill 2 birds with 1 stone by giving me a key SA book for my collection. Any advice on current price climate and future prospects would be appricatiated.

Is this a good time or bad time to invest in a AF #15. I say invest as even though I'd love a copy for my SA keys it's not on the top of my collection focus. However with savings rates in the UK I keep thinking would abit of my savings see better growth here and kill 2 birds with 1 stone by giving me a key SA book for my collection. Any advice on current price climate and future prospects would be appricatiated.
:signfunny:

:signfunny:

:grin:

It's always a good time to, but like everything timing the market is more key. If you can find the right book to buy at under the going price, you will make more than if you pay over the going price.

The trick is to be on the look out for the one that will please you, and which you can buy for a great price. That's the hard part.

Legend Comics in Omaha is giving away a 2.0-ish copy on Free Comic Book Day. You buy a $5 door prize ticket and take your chances. You need not be present to win, and ALL procedes go to Make-A-Wish!

Just an update; the drawing was held on Free Comic Day, and the book went to a local kid who was present at the drawing. 11 years old, and he owns an Amazing Fantasy #15! So cool to see!

The owner, Jason, gave the kid's mom a primer on the care and feeding of a book of that value, to keep the vultures away.