• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid-Ohio-Con

96 posts in this topic

I don't think there is a preview night. There is the usual pre-convention gathering on Friday evening:

"The PANEL Collective's third annual Unmasked pre-MOC party will take place from 8:00 p.m. to midnight on Friday, October 3, at Barley's Brewing Co., directly across from the Greater Columbus Convention Center. The party serves as a place where comic book fans can mingle with comic book pros, chat, have a drink, and talk about comics, art, music, and more. The party is open to all and will include a DJ and a cash bar. The event will feature a Live Art Throwdown, where local and pro artists will create art and do sketches on the spot. Those pieces will then be auctioned on eBay, with all proceeds to benefit the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and the Hero Initiative, a nonprofit organization that helps comic book veterans."

The pins look awesome, by the way. I will have my 8-year-old daughter with me at the con, and she will love the Casper one. We went to Disney World a couple of weeks ago and she really got into pin trading there. I am a HUGE fan of the Black Terror, so I certainly will enjoy the pin that's included with my VIP ticket.

p.s. I don't see it mentioned anywhere. How much are the pins?

The pins look awesome, by the way. I will have my 8-year-old daughter with me at the con, and she will love the Casper one. We went to Disney World a couple of weeks ago and she really got into pin trading there. I am a HUGE fan of the Black Terror, so I certainly will enjoy the pin that's included with my VIP ticket.

p.s. I don't see it mentioned anywhere. How much are the pins?

Thanks! If you are familiar with Disney Pins then you'll love ours. They are made in the same style and attention to detail. Our intent is to get the pin trading phenomena started at comic cons. Similar to what Disney has done at the theme parks.To make ours a little more collectible we implement sequential numbering on back.

They retail for $12. Similar price to the Disney Pins. Show special is 2 for $20.

FYI .... just recieved from Mid-Ohio --

Hi,

With Mid-Ohio-Con coming up this weekend, we wanted to drop you an email to provide you with all the relevant information for exhibitor setup, show hours, and other details for the big event.

Show Location – Mid-Ohio-Con is being held in Hall E at The Greater Columbus Convention Center at 400 North High Street in Columbus, Ohio 43215. The phone number for the facility is (614) 827-2500. Please note that this location is different than previous years.

Exhibitor Setup – Setup starts at 12:00pm on Friday, October 3rd and runs until midnight that evening, if necessary. We’d obviously prefer to get everyone loaded in by the early evening.

Load-In Location – Click here for a map of the Greater Columbus Convention Center with details on the location of the loading dock, parking options, etc. The loading dock is by Hall F, which is adjacent to the show floor in Hall E.

Buyers Preview – We will be having a buyers preview starting at 5:30 PM on Friday afternoon, so you will probably want to have your booths set up by then if you have merchandise that you you’d like to showcase for buyers from the trade.

Utility Services – Electric power, telephone and internet access are available through the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Here’s a link to the exhibitor manual and ordering kit and you can also sign up for services on-site on Friday.

Show Hours – The show is open to the public 10:00am to 6:00pm on Saturday and 10:00am to 5:00pm on Sunday. Exhibitor, Guest and Pro hours are 8:30am to 7:00 pm on Saturday and 8:30am until 12:00am on Sunday.

Evening Activities – We’re hosting evening receptions on Friday and Saturday from 8:00pm to 10:30pm for Exhibitors, Guests and VIP pass holders in the private dining room at the Hyatt Regency Columbus.

Tear Down – Teardown can start promptly at 5:00pm on Sunday. The loading dock will be open until 12:00 midnight that evening and all exhibitors must be out Sunday night because another show is being set up on Monday.

We’re looking forward to seeing you this weekend

Just a quick reminder -- Vince and I will be at the Mid-Ohio Con this weekend, Metropolis' first time at the show! If anyone who's going has any books they'd like me to bring along, let me know ASAP -- best way to reach us is at orders@metropoliscomics.com. I'm getting show books prepped now, so let me know as soon as you can, I'll be happy to bring books for whoever's coming. Thanks, folks!

Frank

Metropolis

See if these pictures are any better.

RocketSeries1002.jpg

BlackTerror10001.jpg

I've gotten previous pins in the past and the craftsmanship is outstanding. You certainly won't be disappointed. I'd wanted to make the con this weekend but it is my mother's 80th birthday so no real choice. Any chance the Casper exclusive will be available to anyone not making the show?

Shoot me a pm and I'll hold one aside. :hi:

BTW...thanks for the kind compliments. All pins are made from 100% copper and the colors are hand applied before firing. We spare no expense. They look so much better in person. The scanner images above take away the luster, depth and fine detail.