• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: FF 1

39 posts in this topic

Thank you. One defect in the cover is the loss of the outer layer of paper on the upper left, over "THE Fant." The cover is intact, but the glossy layer is off. The spine is solid, no splitting at all. Staples secure without rust. There is slight marvel chipping.

Thank you!

61806-ff1july08.jpg.46f9a4edcffff7c07a82f84e564cb405.jpg

61807-ff1july08back.jpg.680ac4b2da51ac5a0e96151b5a22f652.jpg

That's an interesting defect...don't think I've ever seen that before...

I was initially going to automatically say 3.5...but i think the overall quality of the book shoud garner a 4.0...if I bought it as a 4.0 I'd be more than happy!

NICE ONE! :headbang:

One defect in the cover is the loss of the outer layer of paper on the upper left, over "THE Fant."

:eek:

hm

precisely what i was thinking...

that missing layer (an unusual defect, to be sure) will probably cost you a full point.

BUT, since it blends in so well, it becomes quite a decent looking 3.5 IMHO... (thumbs u

It does blend it well- it must be tape pull. It's missing the IND stamp, though! I think that's the name of the comic distributer (Independent Distributor) but correct me if I am wrong.

3.5, just because on principle I don't think a comic can have a tape pull that large and be a VG, no matter how well it blends in.

I submitted this to CGC and just found out they gave it a blue 5.5 OW/W! The comic definitely looks better in hand than the scans show. I was hoping for a 5.0, as I thought they would take a point off for the tape pull and it does look like a 6.0 otherwise. I should get it back tomorrow- hopefully they did not make an error on the web site.

Also, what is the rule on editing a thread? Is there a time limit? I wanted to change the title of the thread to indicate that the book was graded, but can't seem to do that.

Thanks everyone.