• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 group shot...

291 posts in this topic

i cheated. i racked my brain to come up with 10, and could not. i then decided the 14 "fat" timely #1's were in a way my faves, cuz i'm all about the timelys, and i love those old timey large sized g.a. books. so, here ya' go.

fat1s.jpg

Very cool. I'd love to own a Daring 1 or Red Raven someday...

Billy, those are some SWELL Timely's... I guess we can forgive you for the extra four.

Man, what I wouldn't give for those fourteen books... :headbang:

money (shrug)

:jokealert:

Great group shots guys, every one is to die for. Billy, I'm glad to see that you included the esteemed Tough Kid Squad as one of your "top" books.
had to of been a moment of weakness :baiting:

100_4635.jpg

I'm glad you said Atom Age because I can get two of my nice DCs into the photo.

:gossip: The Fight 42 is the Lost Valley Pedigree.

Very nice choices Sean :applause: And thanks for squeezing in those two awesome DC's (thumbs u

Thought it might be fun to see people's group shots of their ten favorite Atomic/Gold books.

Here is mine, in order, from 1 to 10...

GAtop10.jpg

Nice books, Andy! (thumbs u

Great group shots guys, every one is to die for. Billy, I'm glad to see that you included the esteemed Tough Kid Squad as one of your "top" books.

Peter, I can only imagine what your Top 10 would look like. :cloud9:

:popcorn:

100_4635.jpg

I'm glad you said Atom Age because I can get two of my nice DCs into the photo.

:gossip: The Fight 42 is the Lost Valley Pedigree.

Very nice choices Sean :applause: And thanks for squeezing in those two awesome DC's (thumbs u

Thank you. I'm not buying a lot of books right now, but as you can see, I think I'm going for quality of quantity at the moment.

i cheated. i racked my brain to come up with 10, and could not. i then decided the 14 "fat" timely #1's were in a way my faves, cuz i'm all about the timelys, and i love those old timey large sized g.a. books. so, here ya' go.

fat1s.jpg

Billy very nice but you need to put the MC#1 front and center. Shame on you. :sumo:

fat1s.jpg

Wow what a fantastic fourteen Billy! Hard to argue with any of them,even the Tough Sell Squad looks good in that company.

fat1s.jpg

Wow what a fantastic fourteen Billy! Hard to argue with any of them,even the Tough Sell Squad looks good in that company.

to reduce to 10, remove the Miss Fury, Tough Kid Squad, Kid Komics and Young Allies, and you could accomplish a "top ten" (IMO)

This was a tough thing to narrow down...so I cheated a little. :grin:

I think these are my ten favorites (at least for today)...

Comiccovers280.jpg

(I have had the Torch 23 since I was in eighth grade. Bought it from The American Comic Book Co. through a CGB ad for $40.

Captain Marvel 17 (not this copy) was the very first golden age book I ever saw in person.

And the Mystic 1, well, there is a ton of sentimental value there.)

These are certainly ten of my favorite non-Timelys...

Comiccovers281.jpg

But the red covers need to be represented...

Comiccovers282.jpg

And finally, ten covers that just look cool together...

Comiccovers283.jpg