• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

Heres another cover I've finished, this one was for me.

I love the simplicity of the cover, the shadows, Batman creeping in the background, the use of black, white & orange is quite striking. Simple but effective.

BatmanGothamK1Cover.jpg

My photography has become my medium of choice again and if anyone is interested you can check out some of my work on my Flickr account at

www.flickr.com/dwshoots

You can log into Flickr using Yahoo, Gmail, or Facebook account info without actually having to create an account. Mind you, the reason you have to log in is because I should also state, my Flickr account is NSFW.

Let me know what you think.

My photography has become my medium of choice again and if anyone is interested you can check out some of my work on my Flickr account at

www.flickr.com/dwshoots

You can log into Flickr using Yahoo, Gmail, or Facebook account info without actually having to create an account. Mind you, the reason you have to log in is because I should also state, my Flickr account is NSFW.

New stuff! Looks great. I really like 'Michaela 9'

I love the simplicity of the cover, the shadows, Batman creeping in the background, the use of black, white & orange is quite striking. Simple but effective.

BatmanGothamK1Cover.jpg

I like your covers. It seems that you use no tools? I would grab a compass and some stencils from the store. It will help you and the difference is night and day. Also do you rush your letterings? Your art looks good but the letterings/circling looks like they were done too quick and careless. I am not being negative. Just giving tips.

Keep up the good work.

Anyone here a graduate of Ringling school of art and design?

www.flickr.com/dwshoots

Thanks. I'm still struggling with a couple of issues of calibration between what I'm using as a monitor and how they appear on other sources. I'm about to buy an IPC monitor though that displays over a billion colors and has been pre-calibrated for photography.

BatmanGothamK1Cover.jpg

I like your covers. It seems that you use no tools? I would grab a compass and some stencils from the store. It will help you and the difference is night and day. Also do you rush your letterings? Your art looks good but the letterings/circling looks like they were done too quick and careless. I am not being negative. Just giving tips.

Keep up the good work.

No tools, all free hand. Yeah I do suck at lettering. Only recently have I been using a ruler and that has been getting better, but circles are a pain.

I'm trying to track down some technical drawing tools to help with that.

www.flickr.com/dwshoots

Thanks. I'm still struggling with a couple of issues of calibration between what I'm using as a monitor and how they appear on other sources. I'm about to buy an IPC monitor though that displays over a billion colors and has been pre-calibrated for photography.

Have you printed any of your pieces yet? DId you have to do much editing to get what you wanted on the print?

www.flickr.com/dwshoots

Have you printed any of your pieces yet? DId you have to do much editing to get what you wanted on the print?

That's part of my problem. Since I'm using a 42" plasma TV as a monitor at the moment they colors always looks nice and vivid n the TV but look flat and drab (even the black and whites) when I print them or view them on other devices.

My new monitor will help tremendously.

[imghttp://api.ning.com/files/2WZYaLBIuwHJjeW*Uv1XqOIW2l77bmhZCP4J7u6iGEgGsnFRAfkuyfbdPl3AeeWXXbNI5Tua681eyjUc6DnEwY8HDn7GtN3c/BatmanGothamK1Cover.jpg[/img]

Keep up the good work.

No tools, all free hand. Yeah I do suck at lettering. Only recently have I been using a ruler and that has been getting better, but circles are a pain.

I'm trying to track down some technical drawing tools to help with that.

Is there a michaels near you?

I hadn't picked up the pencils in years but last weekend broke the drought and it felt good.

This one is from a good seven or eight years ago. WW1GermansAustralians.jpg

Beautiful work and a fellow Great War historian/fan! kimouss.gif