• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

I just finished for a local gaming convention - a Dark Elf Priestess from Warhammer. I'm a little bummed out that I had to rush it. I was playing around with some different techniques with watercolor, acrylic wash and ink - and I overworked the paper in some areas. The Elvish tat reads: 'death comes for us all'.

Jason%20Beam%20Dark%20Elf%20Preistess.jpg

You can't tell anything is overworked from looking at it..... (well, I can't :) ) .... it looks great. Didn't know they had "gaming conventions in "spud land" :baiting:

Yeah, I got it flattened out okay to scan, but the paper is really worn in areas (and mottled) from oversoaking it. I'm going to try some gesso next time and see how that works out.

We are just to the right of spud land - Montana is know for it's sheep. And sheepherders...

So what are they gonna use this for ? Posters advertising the show or something in an actual game ? If its show posters, you might have your art plastered all over town :grin:

Thanks. This one was supposed to be a birthday present for Tim Vigil. But unfortunately because of real world commitments, I won't be able to ship it to him in time. Plus there are some things about it that I don't like and will probably do it over at a later time to give to him for xmas or something. It's one of his top 3 favorite comic book covers of all time.

Ok so NOBODY has done any artwork this week?

I have 3 pieces in various phases at the moment. Nothing I want to show at this time :) But I finally got my new drawing table assembled and ready to put to work. I got this baby for a steal. It was normally $180, but Hobby Lobby has put this model on clearance. And the girl at the register decided to give be an additional 40% off for some reason, so I was out the door for $63.00

The 2 clamp snake lamps were bought at Ikea for $15ea. Not too sure about them yet.

art_table.jpg

And in the meantime, since I recently turned 40, I have found that I am needing these damn things for anything within 24"s

glasses.jpg

and below the glasses is an inking practice I've been playing around with using only a quill and a hunt 102 nib. no brush, no marker, no pens.

Ok so NOBODY has done any artwork this week?

I have 3 pieces in various phases at the moment. Nothing I want to show at this time :) But I finally got my new drawing table assembled and ready to put to work. I got this baby for a steal. It was normally $180, but Hobby Lobby has put this model on clearance. And the girl at the register decided to give be an additional 40% off for some reason, so I was out the door for $63.00

The 2 clamp snake lamps were bought at Ikea for $15ea. Not too sure about them yet.

art_table.jpg

Wow!! Looks good and great price Sarfa.... There is nothing like having your own drawing table, as opposed to using the dining table :/

Do you not like the lamps ? I currently have only one and have been thinking about getting another of some type for more light. Also..... it's getting hard to aim it right where I want the light :mad:

Now that I have got the table where I want. Tonight is Art Night for me since the wife and kid are over at a friend's house.

Yes the lamps work pretty good, but I think I want a bigger and more transitional lamp to work with. I just have to make sure the arm on it doesn't collapse so easily as many of my previous lamps.

Let see all you people's artist corners. Here is my current configuration :)

aaa-artist_corner.jpg

Now that I have got the table where I want. Tonight is Art Night for me since the wife and kid are over at a friend's house.

Yes the lamps work pretty good, but I think I want a bigger and more transitional lamp to work with. I just have to make sure the arm on it doesn't collapse so easily as many of my previous lamps.

Let see all you people's artist corners. Here is my current configuration :)

aaa-artist_corner.jpg

:applause: Nice Schomburg print :applause: