• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage August Auction

441 posts in this topic

Back on topic.

Can a 9.4 have a dust shadow?

Looking at the right hand side of the Flash #24 there seems to be a dust shadow?

yes, there have been multiple examples of dust shadows on 9.4's (thumbs u

And a few 9.6 books that I have seen, though it was very light.

R.

Take a look at the back cover of the 9.6 Mile High Flash #1 and tell me if you think those dust shadows are "very light". CGC simply doesn't penalize books much, if at all, for dust shadows.

Back on topic.

Looking at the right hand side of the Flash #24 there seems to be a dust shadow?

R.

Take a look at the back cover of the 9.6 Mile High Flash #1 and tell me if you think those dust shadows are "very light". CGC simply doesn't penalize books much, if at all, for dust shadows.

They might be a bit more lenient on GA books than SA books. I have had a few SA 9.6's with some shadow.

R.

Back on topic.

R.

They might be a bit more lenient on GA books than SA books. I have had a few SA 9.6's with some shadow.

R.

Yup

I just got my Heritage catalog yesterday. Did anyone notice it was a little light on comic books?

I feel a little sad about that....Heritage was at the top of the heap for a long time, but sites like Clink charge way less and pay MUCH faster.I have bought a lot of books from Heritage....I miss the early SA books that used to turn up on their site...the 8.5 / 9.0 stuff.....Clink is usually a grade or two beyond my wallet capacity in their auctions.Very nice stuff though.GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I just got my Heritage catalog yesterday. Did anyone notice it was a little light on comic books?
yep, take out the MH Flash's, and a couple of nice "keys" and it is a "bust" IMO as far as what we are used to ...

I haven't even looked at it yet...no need, will wait till last day, as there are only 2-3 books I am interested in

yep, take out the MH Flash's, and a couple of nice "keys" and it is a "bust" IMO as far as what we are used to ...

I haven't even looked at it yet...no need, will wait till last day, as there are only 2-3 books I am interested in

I wouldn't call it a complete bust. There are about 30 books I'm watching for the heck of it and about 3 that I'm hunting for. True, no plethora of blockbuster hero books but some nice Disney and Dell stuff.

I wouldn't call it a complete bust. There are about 30 books I'm watching for the heck of it and about 3 that I'm hunting for. True, no plethora of blockbuster hero books but some nice Disney and Dell stuff.

Yeah. Any auction with a (relatively for that book) high grade MMC #9 is a bust.

lol

I might bid on the #7.

hm

remember, I said "relative" to past auctions lol

there are 3 books I hope to win, but outside of that, nothing i am watching or interested in....so, for me it is a bust (thumbs u

Back on topic.

R.

CGC simply doesn't penalize books much, if at all, for dust shadows for big dollar pedigree books-mere mortal copies that we buy and sell would get hammered.

Fixed that for you. meh

I feel a little sad about that....Heritage was at the top of the heap for a long time, but sites like Clink charge way less and pay MUCH faster.

I think it`s a little early to write their epitaph. It`s impossible to keep producing incredible auction after incredible auction, and quite frankly it`s good to have a lull every now and then. There was a period a few years ago when Heritage had 2 or 3 weak auctions in a row, and everyone was set to write them off. If you could short Heritage stock, you would`ve been killed.

There are more auction sites, which is a good thing, but it seems to me like the pie has also grown. The number of nice books that have been offered during the past couple of years has been amazing.

I have bought a lot of books from Heritage....I miss the early SA books that used to turn up on their site...the 8.5 / 9.0 stuff.....

They still do, but it tends to show up in their weekly auctions now. Lots of great stuff from the Janowicz, Fantastic Frank, Toronto and now Toth collections has been appearing there.

Back on topic.

R.

CGC simply doesn't penalize books much, if at all, for dust shadows for big dollar pedigree books-mere mortal copies that we buy and sell would get hammered.

Fixed that for you. meh

lol(tsk)

Back on topic.

R.

Fixed that for you. meh

lol(tsk)

(thumbs u

I just got my catalog from Heritage yesterday. I was surprised that there wasn't much in the catlog this time but they have been offering alot of great books especially SA on their Sunday auctions. The August CL auction has alot of great books with no reserve, so perhaps some of the action went over there. Some people are laying it all on the line with their big books going with no reserve! That takes some guts and nerves!

We don't see many original collections coming out of the attic like we used to. All I see are 80's and 90's comics offered as "gold mines ". Has anyone seen a major find in the last six months????

I must say that I am not impressed with this upcoming Sig Auction, and I only am eying 2 potential bid candiates. However, if I were a Flash collector, I would be drooling over the issues 2-12 in the Mile High run. I just received the catalogue today, and it does a great job of making me wish I had enough money to afford some of those Mile High treasures (worship)

I have tracking on about six books but really only have strong interest in one. The Mile High Flash run is nice but for most of us it is like going to a strip club. You can watchy but no touchy.

We don't see many original collections coming out of the attic like we used to. All I see are 80's and 90's comics offered as "gold mines ". Has anyone seen a major find in the last six months????

Other than Toth, Toronto, Crippen, Janowicz, Hollywood Hills, Fantastic Frank, and some others that escape me at the moment, I can't think of any. hm