• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the new Batman movie

214 posts in this topic

On the contrary, Heath was unbelievable...10 levels up on Nicholson (and I like Jack Nicholson). He was like the joker shoud be, a homicidal maniac.

All the critics (Ebert/Roeper and all the rest etc.) are raving about the show and his performance!

Dwight

Glad to hear you had a good time and enjoyed the movie.

I had tickets to a midnight show, got there, and then my wife and I couldn't get seats together - this after dropping $20 on snacks. :mad: Could not get anyone to move over a seat to help us out. Utterly ridiculous. At least I got my tickets refunded and the theater staff were very nice.

Anyhow, will try to catch it soon and I seriously doubt I'll be doing another midnight show anytime soon.

How was Heath? From the previews he didn't seem like a good joker.

You're kidding, right?

From the previews, I honestly think he looks like the Joker incarnate. (thumbs u

That he was,just got in from it myself,ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING MOVIE!!!!

Awesome character line-up and Intelligent storyline. If you miss this in the theater,you will regret it (thumbs u

I give it 5 (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u out of 5!

Just got in from seeing it myself and all i have to say is... HOLY CAPTAIN CAVEMAN!! Best film i have seen all summer! I cant believe all that happened.. Shout of been R rating! BUT I LOVED IT!!!...

one more thing...

WHY SO SERIOUSE????

OMG!!! Ture American's back already. :o

doh!

I saw the midnight showing. I don't know...I just thought it was ok. Never really got that excited feeling in it really.

Heath was great as the Joker, but the movie just seemed too long and it felt like it dragged at times. Maybe I was just too tired by the time they started the freaking movie...30 minutes later than it was supposed to be.

I don't want to give any spoilers here, but some of the material might have been best spread over two shorter movies with more time focussed on one of the characters who probably deserved it.

Oh well, I'll likely have to sit through it again with my wife as she couldn't make this showing. Maybe I'll have a different feel that go around. But, my initial feeling is, it's behind Iron Man and even the Incredible Hulk in this years comic book movies.

Just got back.

We went 2 hours early and the line wrapped around the theater to the back & almost around again. I have never seen such a line out here in the sticks. Shown on 5 out of the 6 screens that it will regularly run on.

The crowd was buzzing & hopping early - I haven't seen such excitement since the first Spider-Man movie and as soon as the lights dimmed, the crowd went nuts.

On a side note: The Spirit trailer. WTF was that? Absolutely no intro to the character. Yes, lots of beautiful women. Yes, Samuel Jackson looking like Little Richard. Nothing about Denny Colt. A lousy trailer.

The Watchmen trailer? Looks very promising. Wow.

No spoilers here, but this movie is VERY dense. VERY violent. VERY disturbing. I would be hesitant to take a child to the show, unlike Spidey. I think this Joker portrayal would easily give some children nightmares... which is what the Joker should do, IMO. This movie is also VERY, VERY good.

If you like Batman or especially the Joker, you will love this movie. But make no mistake - this is a movie about a terrorist pushing a city to the very edge. It's very dark material, but it's a fascinating 2 1/2 hours. I'll go see it again.

Just got back as well. Joker was very mesmerizing. When he is on screen it is hard to not be fixated by his portrayal. Has some very strong moral themes about the lengths people will do and will not do things. Best part about the movie is there is no formula involved. Definitely a recommendation to see it on my part.

How was Heath? From the previews he didn't seem like a good joker.

what previews were you watching? actor of the year so far. amazing performance. what an amazing movie. can't wait to see it in imax now

I saw the midnight showing. I don't know...I just thought it was ok. Never really got that excited feeling in it really.

Heath was great as the Joker, but the movie just seemed too long and it felt like it dragged at times. Maybe I was just too tired by the time they started the freaking movie...30 minutes later than it was supposed to be.

I don't want to give any spoilers here, but some of the material might have been best spread over two shorter movies with more time focussed on one of the characters who probably deserved it.

Oh well, I'll likely have to sit through it again with my wife as she couldn't make this showing. Maybe I'll have a different feel that go around. But, my initial feeling is, it's behind Iron Man and even the Incredible Hulk in this years comic book movies.

I'm this way too sometimes...mood, how tired I am etc all affect the way I see and appreciate a movie the 1st go around. Many times the 2nd time around is different. I'll likely be seeing it this weekend.

R.

I too thought it was about 30 minutes too long - should have saved the Dent story for the next flick.

Also, the "woman" who replaced Katy Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal, is NOT an attractive person. Take everything that was sort-of appealing about Holmes' looks then subtract them and add everything that is creapy/freaky-looking about Kirsten Dunst and you have Mag's. I was actually satisfied with what happened to her character.

*SPOILERS FOLLOW HIGHLIGHT TO SEE*

Took me a minute to catch that Joker flipped the addresses so the other person was rescued. The hospital idea was intriguing to say the least. Turning EVERYBODY into a potential killer was maniacly GENIOUS.

The only other problems besides the long runtime and Maggie's hideous face was the monolog by Gordon at the end - just didn't fit. I mean, I understand the importance of Martyrdom, but why did they pin it on B-man? Just didn't make sense to me they could have blamed it on any number of crooks...

Also, the "woman" who replaced Katy Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal, is NOT an attractive person.

No joke, and while I don't routinely hammer on someone's looks, movies are a visual medium and her character on BB is *supposed* to have two of Gotham's most eligible bachelors fighting over her, so it's fair to call a spade a spade. This gal is creepy ugly, and her face is kinda melting, like she was a burn victim or something.

P.S. From your post, I am assuming she gets killed, disfigured or otherwise dispensed with. :wishluck:

Well...from the New York Times:

"In its grim intensity, “The Dark Knight” can feel closer to David Fincher’s “Zodiac” than Tim Burton’s playfully gothic “Batman,” which means it’s also closer to Bob Kane’s original comic and Frank Miller’s 1986 reinterpretation. That makes it heavy, at times almost pop-Wagnerian, but Mr. Ledger’s performance and the film’s visual beauty are transporting. (In Imax, it’s even more operatic.) No matter how cynical you feel about Hollywood, it is hard not to fall for a film that makes room for a shot of the Joker leaning out the window of a stolen police car and laughing into the wind, the city’s colored lights gleaming behind him like jewels. He’s just a clown painted on black velvet, but he’s also some kind of masterpiece."

I too thought it was about 30 minutes too long - should have saved the Dent story for the next flick.

Also, the "woman" who replaced Katy Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal, is NOT an attractive person. Take everything that was sort-of appealing about Holmes' looks then subtract them and add everything that is creapy/freaky-looking about Kirsten Dunst and you have Mag's. I was actually satisfied with what happened to her character.

I'm not keen on Gyllenhaal either.

I generally don't rip on a person's looks but she must be a great actor because she seems to get work despite being in image conscious hollywood.

Also, the "woman" who replaced Katy Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal, is NOT an attractive person.[/color]

:o:o:o

She's pretty much my most highly regarded 'fantasy woman' as it happens. Gorgeous in Donnie Darko, sexy as 'F' in Secretary.

:cloud9:

Also, the "woman" who replaced Katy Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal, is NOT an attractive person.

No joke, and while I don't routinely hammer on someone's looks, movies are a visual medium and her character on BB is *supposed* to have two of Gotham's most eligible bachelors fighting over her, so it's fair to call a spade a spade. This gal is creepy ugly, and her face is kinda melting, like she was a burn victim or something.

P.S. From your post, I am assuming she gets killed, disfigured or otherwise dispensed with. :wishluck:

"creepy ugly" ?? Damn! I don't think she's THE most gorgeous girl out there but I don't think she's creepy ugly either. Man, I gotta see some of the girls you are dating. :baiting: haha