• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the new Batman movie

214 posts in this topic

just got back- it's fantastic. heath ledger is everything the critics are saying and then some- terrifying, mesmerizing. eckhart's arc was also compelling. i don't know how they managed a PG 13 rating- this is not a movie for kids.

i remember the absolute misery i endured watching that michael keaton . i listened to everyone telling me how good it was. so, i had some reservations about all this heath hoopla. well folks, you can take my word for it:

finally, finally, finally, a batman movie that is great!

this joker will unnerve you. he'll go down as one of the greatest villains in movie history. (thumbs u

Just saw DK at a press screening. What struck me most about the film was that it had something that virtually no other super-hero flick has had previously - ambition.

If there were any flaws, it would be that certain plot points had to be shorthanded as the film makers were trying to cram too much into the movie. The performances, set pieces, the look of the film and the -script were way better than expected and were a quantum leap from Batman Begins.

The film certainly owed at least some of its story to The Long Halloween (one of my favorite Batman stories) but nevertheless managed to combine the spirit of comics and film noir whilst transcending the genre.

Very little pointless attempts at humor, clever plot-twists, no soft-rock soundtrack, believable character development and action sequences...not the best film ever, but IMO the best super-hero film so far. And Ledger deserves the hype.

Amazing the most talked about part of the movie is the petty subject of whether Mag's was too ugly for the role. You have an amazing story. Heath Ledger has a performance of a lifetime, and you guys are talking about the looks of someone who gets a small amount of screen time. Talk about petty.

My wife and I just got back from it and she actually liked it more than I did and I liked it a lot. I also liked the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton a lot. Apples and Oranges. I liked Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson. Two different styles and approaches executed well. The film was extremely dark and not for kids. I think acting behind a mask of white face and eyeshadow benefited Ledger. I have no desire to see this film again. I saw the Michael Keaton film several times for whatever that's worth. Maybe it's the time period.. I grew up reading Batman in the fifties and early sixties.

Amazing the most talked about part of the movie is the petty subject of whether Mag's was too ugly for the role. You have an amazing story. Heath Ledger has a performance of a lifetime, and you guys are talking about the looks of someone who gets a small amount of screen time. Talk about petty.

that's cuz the guy doing all the talking is the same guy that said heath's portrayal of the joker was nerdy lol

If you are ever going to see a movie at the IMAX,this is it.

Tickets maybe hard to come by (all shows at my IMAX were sold out till Tues.) but definitley worth the extra cash.

This movie was truly spectacular!!

Heath Ledger was out of this world and as Detroit Mike stated "he'll go down as one of the greatest villains in movie history."

Since it's only been out for a day I will not go in to it any further ,don't want to ruin it for anyone.

BTW-it look like it will crush all movies this year as box office earnings go.BIG $$$$$$$$$$

Also just returned from the Dark Knight movie and loved it!!!! The way Dent was woven into the story line was better than I thought it was going to be. I think everyone here should at least see it.

Wathmen looks like it should be excellent also!!!! Can't wait!!!!

My wife and I just got back from it and she actually liked it more than I did and I liked it a lot. I also liked the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton a lot. Apples and Oranges. I liked Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson. Two different styles and approaches executed well. The film was extremely dark and not for kids. I think acting behind a mask of white face and eyeshadow benefited Ledger. I have no desire to see this film again. I saw the Michael Keaton film several times for whatever that's worth. Maybe it's the time period.. I grew up reading Batman in the fifties and early sixties.

so u like the campy batman, then, huh? (shrug)

You give me such hope by saying its so dark! :cloud9:

Batman should be dark and as reader of the comic and to watch a movie about batman the Joker should be scary and insane.

I like the Jake N. Joker but he was more funny than scary funny!

It might be the only thing worth debating about the movie. It seems to be consensus that the movie is great and Ledger is outstanding.

Batman should be dark and as reader of the comic and to watch a movie about batman the Joker should be scary and insane.

Ledger makes Jack's Joker look like a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey clown

Just got back from seeing it. The Harvey Dent arc slowed the movie down in my opinion, but the Heather Ledger Joker was freaking AWESOME! Definitely worth the praise!!

Ledger makes Jack's Joker look like a Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey clown

:cloud9:

I had tickets to a midnight show, got there, and then my wife and I couldn't get seats together - this after dropping $20 on snacks. :mad: Could not get anyone to move over a seat to help us out. Utterly ridiculous.

That IS ridiculous! Does anyone have a conscience or any manners any more?

A friend got me a ticket to the 12:05 a.m. show last night. Got home at 3:30 a.m. 90 minutes sleep and off to work, golly I'm tired. Movie was amazing, Heath was the best comic character screen villan ever, reminded me of Teabag from Prison Break (great TV show). Two Face was a great villian also, I just don't understand why a superhero movie needs to be 2.5 hours long and feature multiple villans.

Great movie, perhaps best superhero movie ever made. Certainly a must see movie. Enjoy. BTW I've gotta see it again to catch the parts I missed when I dozed off around 2:00 a.m.