• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the new Batman movie

214 posts in this topic

yeah.. the roundish bat cowl looks more like a 9.95 Haloween mask than th eBatman look we have all known. His face should look taller not wider.

anyway a ps to my post: I was folllowing the Joker running from the cops in my dreams last night. It ended at a dead end hotel, and a little girl sees him deciding which way to turn nrxt, and she suddenly says " this is my hotel, would you like a job?" Then we see a camera shot from across the street. The girl, her brother and Joker standing there. A bus speeds across the panel and sure enough when it passes, Joker has vanished.

doesnt mean anything, but that the film stayed with me.

SPOILER ALERT!

I found the movie to be poorly executed during several scenes which seemed to be incomplete. The easiest example is the scene in which the Joker is pursuing Harvey Dent. For the big "action scene" that it was suppose to be it was rather dull and even at one point seemed to have been just dumped into the editing room and the soundtrack and foley artists completely forgotten.

Ironman was about the same length and was much easier to endure than this movie. This movie was far too long and could have easily had 30-45 minutes cut from it specifically scenes involving Rachel and the "fund raiser" scene for Harvey Dent.

Heath was fine as the Joker as I like that the Joker was truly a sociopath rather than some joke cracking doofus like Nicholson or Romero.

I still have the same complaint about Christian Bale. I think he is fine for Batman, looks wise, but he has a horrible lisp that is really difficult to get past especially when he uses the dumb voice while in costume. I really wish they wouldn't have him use a different voice while in costume.

The "Bat Bike" is a waste of a prop as they seemed to have a hard time really portraying any true speed with the thing and it just looks clunky and awkward.

Overall the movie was fine and admittingly it was slightly difficult to get it out of my head everytime I saw Heath that he's now dead.

on a five point scale I'm looking at a 3 for this one but I'm sure fanboys everywhere are going to wet their pants over it just like they did the first one. (I'd give the first one a 3 and a half)

Picky - picky ! ....Always the critique , Buffy ................... :baiting:

heres picky! for a couple hundred million bucks, can they NOT keep driving down the same sets over and over?? I spent so much time in that tunnel i know every exit! : )

another question.. why were the lighs so bright in the interrogation room? would have been more effective in the dark especially with everyone watching.

Why do people complain about the length of great films?

Having issues with the length of a movie has nothing to do with real-time, but a natural byproduct of a movie dragging for the viewer.

I've seen horrible 90-minute movies that went on far too long, while I can remember sitting in a theater watching JFK and being amazed that over 3 hours had passed.

Having issues with the length of a movie has nothing to do with real-time, but a natural byproduct of a movie dragging for the viewer.

I've seen horrible 90-minute movies that went on far too long, while I can remember sitting in a theater watching JFK and being amazed that over 3 hours had passed.

Your really insightful most of the time Joe ! .....seriously .... (thumbs u

Your really insightful most of the time Joe ! .....seriously .... (thumbs u

b/c that is the case ..

I am 100% in agreement on this! Braveheart comes to mind also.

SPOILER ALERT!

I found the movie to be poorly executed during several scenes which seemed to be incomplete. The easiest example is the scene in which the Joker is pursuing Harvey Dent. For the big "action scene" that it was suppose to be it was rather dull and even at one point seemed to have been just dumped into the editing room and the soundtrack and foley artists completely forgotten.

Ironman was about the same length and was much easier to endure than this movie. This movie was far too long and could have easily had 30-45 minutes cut from it specifically scenes involving Rachel and the "fund raiser" scene for Harvey Dent.

Heath was fine as the Joker as I like that the Joker was truly a sociopath rather than some joke cracking doofus like Nicholson or Romero.

I still have the same complaint about Christian Bale. I think he is fine for Batman, looks wise, but he has a horrible lisp that is really difficult to get past especially when he uses the dumb voice while in costume. I really wish they wouldn't have him use a different voice while in costume.

The "Bat Bike" is a waste of a prop as they seemed to have a hard time really portraying any true speed with the thing and it just looks clunky and awkward.

Overall the movie was fine and admittingly it was slightly difficult to get it out of my head everytime I saw Heath that he's now dead.

on a five point scale I'm looking at a 3 for this one but I'm sure fanboys everywhere are going to wet their pants over it just like they did the first one. (I'd give the first one a 3 and a half)

I don't think I'm being picky. The movie wasn't horrible. I just don't think that it's "masterful" like the geeky fanboys will believe it is. It has a lot going for it but much of the movie outside of Heath's performance is easily forgettable. The nerd-boys will cry into the night that this is the Godfather 2 of superhero movies though.

SPOILER ALERT!

I don't think I'm being picky. The movie wasn't horrible. I just don't think that it's "masterful" like the geeky fanboys will believe it is. It has a lot going for it but much of the movie outside of Heath's performance is easily forgettable. The nerd-boys will cry into the night that this is the Godfather 2 of superhero movies though.

Playing the nerd card for those who loved the movie? meh

I was very impressed with DK, but felt that some of your criticisms were valid. It isn't a perfect film by any means, but IMO represents a sea change in superhero flicks in that it was trying to escape tedious genre conventions.

In certain ways, it could be said that less may have been more in this film...a few less explosions, portentous duologues, and sub-plots could've allowed for better pacing. But that ferry hostage sequence? I felt genuine tension there, unlike the usual detachment one has with other superhero films.

And the -script, coupled with Ledger's out-there performance, really hit home regarding the power that psychopaths possess.

As for Braveheart? Urgh!!

Yes, the film has it's flaws, but it's the first superhero/comic book movie that transcends comics. it's actually a mystery/horror/thriller set in a comic book world. How it got a pg-13, I'll never know.

Ledger was BETTER than the movie. He made Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhaart, Gary Oldman and all the others look like two bit actors by comparison. Just an unbelievable performance and worthy of an Oscar. The nurse scene alone was absolutely incredible. There are only a handful of actors on the planet who could come close to pulling off what Ledger did and I think NONE would surpass it in the same role.

Since the first portion of this topic was devoted (ever-so-slightly) to pointing out that Maggie G. isn't very attractive (in this movie)...

I am surprised that no one has mentioned how "pretty" the Mayor was...

Nestor Carbonell plays Gotham's mayor... in THICK eyeliner!

Seriously, what was that about? hm

Bah, all you limey's hate it!

I've found that there are two movies that Brits can get violently angry after watching - Braveheart and In the Name of the Father.

Bah, all you limey's hate it!

I've found that there are two movies that Brits can get violently angry after watching - Braveheart and In the Name of the Father.

I thoroughly enjoyed In The Name Of The Father - decent, economic direction, good -script, and a tremendously energetic performance from Daniel Day-Lewis. It was an authentic bit of work about a miscarriage of justice that needed to be told.

Yep, Brit-bashing does rile us, but when it's coupled with a cynical disregard for history, an OTT grandstanding turn by the lead and an anachronistic, thick-ear action-movie -script, that's when hackles are raised. I honestly think Gibson was jumping on the Celtic bandwagon with that film. I still can't believe it got Best Picture Oscar.

I saw it this morning. I never go to movies but since it was being so highly talked about by I figured I would check it out. It was the only 2nd movie I have seen in a paid theater since December 2002. I got tired of missing parts dialogue due to kids talking and kicking chairs etc. Seeing this movie at 9:30 am rocked. My dogs woke me up early, so I figured what the hell. I saw it in a theater with only 7 other people in it. There have been very few Super Hero movies I actually liked but I enjoyed this one. (I hated Spider-Man 1 and 2). I do agree they probably could've cut the time down on this one and broke the film into 2, but filming them all together like Lord of the Rings.

This way Two-Face could've been allowed more screen time to wreck havoc. I also thought he looked great. Much better than the Tommy Lee Jones neon pink make up.

I don't feel that Braveheart holds up today as it did then but nevermind the history behind the story it was undeniably a good movie at the time before Mel Gibson started going all crazy.

I agree with the ferry scene in the DK. I've noticed one thing about DC movies versus Marvel, they definitely try to give you a sense of impending doom on a large scale (whole city or entire planet) where the Marvel movies only seem to destroy whatever the characters are fighting around.