• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks Arch, I Like the Board Changes

73 posts in this topic

This was a pretty smooth transition. Showing the names of the participants for PMs is a great improvement. Thanks for the work!

Re:

In addition to the basic upgrade, we are introducing a new, relatively painless opportunity for the community to help support the expansion and maintenance of the Collectors Society. The new upgrade includes a feature that will convert eBay links on the boards to include an eBay affiliate code. eBay’s affiliate program allows places like the Collectors Society to generate revenue from the traffic they help to drive to eBay.

Does this mean no more badmouthing about ebay?

I like the PM system and some other changes, but I still haven't seen any mention on the problem that's been noted MULTIPLE times:

How can we change the stacked/bloated message list and possibly get it back to a single line?

Ive noticed that before this, all unread posts would have a yellow banner and read posts were black. But now ALL posts are black. I really liked the visual clue as to which posts I hadnt read yet.

while Im at it, I cant read the grey type on the black banner that says the time and date of the posts....

any plans on these items?

I had that problem two days ago, except they were grey, not black. When I came back the next day, all that was fixed.

why didnt anyone install a feature that allows us comic fans to screen out all that COIN DREK posting?

I would love to be able to check a box that hides all things numismatic and leaves only the CGC and General discussion sections.

Hey it's a simple request but time is money and having to skim past all those coin geek posts in the active topics posts hurts my eyes...

I like the PM system and some other changes, but I still haven't seen any mention on the problem that's been noted MULTIPLE times:

How can we change the stacked/bloated message list and possibly get it back to a single line?

:wishluck:

why didnt anyone install a feature that allows us comic fans to screen out all that COIN DREK posting?

I would love to be able to check a box that hides all things numismatic and leaves only the CGC and General discussion sections.

Hey it's a simple request but time is money and having to skim past all those coin geek posts in the active topics posts hurts my eyes...

You can. Maybe I don't understand what you're saying, but I think I do.

I think he views the forum via the Active Topics tab instead of looking at the forum as a whole and collapsing the coin forum like I do. :sumo:

I think he views the forum via the Active Topics tab instead of looking at the forum as a whole and collapsing the coin forum like I do. :sumo:

There's a coin forum?

I don't understand. Bookmark the CGC forum directly and you'll never have to stray out of the comic area ever.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=5

I'd still prefer to have each forum title with only 2 lines max...

maybe something like:

This Week Back From CGC by nik

( 1 2 3 4 ... 121 122 123 all )

or

This Week Back From CGC ( 1 2 3 4 ... 121 122 123 all )

by nik

Instead of the way it is now.

R.

maybe something like:

or

by nik

R.

Ditto.

maybe something like:

or

by nik

R.

Ditto.

Tritto.

maybe something like:

or

by nik

R.

Ditto.

Tritto.

Quadritto!

maybe something like:

or

by nik

R.

Ditto.

Tritto.

Quadritto!

I could not care less. :acclaim:

Has anyone else noticed that links to ebay listings are auto-formatted for a CGC referral? It may have always been like this but I've just noticed recently. Not uncommon practice for many message boards to auto-insert referrals into links where the site can make money.

Has anyone else noticed that links to ebay listings are auto-formatted for a CGC referral? It may have always been like this but I've just noticed recently. Not uncommon practice for many message boards to auto-insert referrals into links where the site can make money.

We will be performing an upgrade to a newer version of the message board software on Thursday, 7/17/2008. This upgrade will come with a number of small fixes and feature enhancements. A list of changes appears at the bottom of this post. There will be no major display changes to the site. However, if you have any comments or spot any issues with the upgrade, please use the Message Boards Feedback forum.

In addition to the basic upgrade, we are introducing a new, relatively painless opportunity for the community to help support the expansion and maintenance of the Collectors Society. The new upgrade includes a feature that will convert eBay links on the boards to include an eBay affiliate code. eBay’s affiliate program allows places like the Collectors Society to generate revenue from the traffic they help to drive to eBay.

As most of you probably realize, there are costs involved in hosting, maintenance and improvement of the software tools we provide through the Collectors Society. These new links will give the community a no-hassle way to help us continue to expand and upgrade the services we make available. We have a lot of exciting ideas around new ways to make collecting a shared and fun experience online, and we’re equally excited about finding easy ways for the membership to contribute to and accelerate that process.

Thanks for your support.

From Arch's message, pinned to the top of every page:

"THURSDAY MORNING, 7/17/2008 STARTING AT 8:30AM CDT

THE BOARDS WILL BE DOWN FOR APPROXIMATELY 5 HOURS FOR AN UPGRADE

We will be performing an upgrade to a newer version of the message board software on Thursday, 7/17/2008. This upgrade will come with a number of small fixes and feature enhancements. A list of changes appears at the bottom of this post. There will be no major display changes to the site. However, if you have any comments or spot any issues with the upgrade, please use the Message Boards Feedback forum.

As most of you probably realize, there are costs involved in hosting, maintenance and improvement of the software tools we provide through the Collectors Society. These new links will give the community a no-hassle way to help us continue to expand and upgrade the services we make available. We have a lot of exciting ideas around new ways to make collecting a shared and fun experience online, and we’re equally excited about finding easy ways for the membership to contribute to and accelerate that process.

Thanks for your support."

doh! Too slow!